Job description24 Seven is partnering with their top global sportswear client based in Portland, OR, to find a Affiliate Marketing Manager to join their team in this hybrid role of 3 days onsite. This is a 6-month contract, with potential to extend or turn into a full-time salaried position with benefits. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401k and holiday pay.
The Manager of Affiliate Marketing will be hands-on, managing the day-to-day Affiliate Content Marketing and supporting the US business objectives to drive high quality traffic to the US website, with a clear focus on generating incremental revenue and ROI. This position will utilize Affiliate Marketing, Brand Marketing and Digital Marketing expertise to develop a healthy and profitable mid-funnel channel focused on elevated brand storytelling and driving incremental sales. It is expected to contribute to our global best practice guidelines and standards with original input from the key US market.
The Manager of Affiliate Marketing will have a primary focus on eCommerce traffic and revenue and will also connect with Brand Marketing and other US based colleagues to fully exploit all opportunities in driving profitable incremental channel growth in the US. Together with the broader US eCommerce Marketing team and the Global Online Marketing team, this position will help position this team as a US based center of excellence, educating and supporting internal stakeholders. The Manager of Affiliate Marketing will be responsible for budget oversight, execution and will work with a team.
• Manage day-to-day Affiliate Marketing activities with mid-funnel content partners/networks to meet channel KPIs and customer acquisition goals, definition of the Affiliate Marketing calendar (closely aligned to the local Marketing Activation calendar) and optimization of the campaigns
• Responsible for top and bottom line growth of our mid-funnel affiliate program to achieve incremental sales, traffic, ROI and total contribution goals. Manage a sizeable media budget.
• Manage the overall mid-funnel strategy and campaign execution in partnership with the Senior Manager and Assistant Manager
• Establish long-term effective relationships with our key editorial publishers, creators and influencer agencies
• Proactively look for new opportunities with new or existing affiliate partners
• Work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Online Marketing, Marketing Activations and Analytics teams to create synergies and explore and exploit opportunities to tell our priority Brand stories, drive acquisition, and evolve our app space.
• Dig into channel data to drive testing, reporting, optimization and analysis on affiliate marketing performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements
• Contribute to the development of the US eCommerce affiliate marketing strategy
• Work closely with the Global Online Marketing team and the European Affiliate & B2B Managers in order to share best practices and apply learnings from other markets around the globe
• Analyze current processes continuously and seek opportunities to automate, where possible, to improve the efficiency of the affiliate channel
• KPIs: affiliate marketing incremental revenue, traffic and ROI
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Creative in exploring new opportunities in order to drive brand hype, new audiences and more incremental sales through the affiliate marketing channel
• Brand Marketer or PR expert who understands where we should be online and how to leverage affiliate marketing to create online buzz
• Ability to effectively manage third party partners
• A solid network in the affiliate marketing or PR industry is beneficial
• Experience executing brand or PR campaigns and working with editorial sites and influencers
• Interest in fashion trends, sports or fitness a plus
• Experience with web analytics and ad-serving platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and DoubleClick Campaign Manager).
• Analytical, logical and data driven
• Motivated by testing and learning, evolving and improving the channel, and building your own channel knowledge and experience
• An interest in exploiting technology (Excel, Smartsheets, feeds, scripts and the like) to automate and scale key processes
• Experience and interest in managing and motivating others, both directly and indirectly
• An interest in working with internal stakeholders and external agencies to establish efficient and scalable processes
• Strong English language (written and verbal) communication skills
• Good relationship building skills; an ability to create rapport
• Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Advanced computer skills, proven experience in Excel
• Bachelor or Masters degree required
• 3-5 years in ecommerce
• 2-3 years online marketing experience (acquired either agency, network or client side)
• Brand marketing or PR experience
• Affiliate marketing experience is beneficial, but not required.
• Strong analytical, content, and commercial skills are the priority.