Job descriptionOur client, a leading marketing agency is looking for a direct hire Account Director to join their team in Irvine.
Full Time /direct hire
Onsite 5 days in Irvine **No hybrid/remote flexibility. Serious candidates only please**
Up to $125k
Position: Account Director - Account Management Team
Reports To: Group Account Director
As part of the Account Management Team, the Account Director will be the main day to day contact for 5-6+ clients, focusing on account management/account services. This person will lead, manage and oversee all client activity and ensure proper communication, budgeting/invoicing/SOW development, project methodologies and success measurements are in order. The Account Director role is also responsible for overseeing internal project tracking by working with Project Management as well as reviewing all assets for Clients. This individual is responsible for maintaining and proving growth with existing clients, cultivating existing/past clients and working with the Executive Leadership Team to grow the company. This role is integral to driving agency culture and work ethics.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and lead the Clients responsible for by ensuring the delivery of accurate project plans that include schedule and cost estimates, project briefs, strategy, and communication plans.
- Actively driving in-person meetings with Clients for relationship building, new SOW, and agency/client growth.
- Manage P&L on client business to maintain profitability for the agency.
- Main contributor, reviewer & presenter of client presentations and deliverables.
- Solution focused.
- Understanding of agency offerings. (Ie: Production, Media, Digital Marketing, Strategy, Creative, Development, Events/Activations, Translation)
- Embody and drive agency culture with a leadership mindset.
- Serves as primary point of contact for any client escalation.
- In-depth knowledge of the agency’s client business, their challenges and providing them consultative advice and solutions.
- Identifying new SOW opportunities, developing contract & proposal to present to the Client.
- Accessibility and responsiveness to all client and agency needs during, pre and post normal working hours.
- Identify new business opportunities within current, past and new clients.
- Align with agency leaders in account management operations and strategy aimed at improving agency communication and process.
- Solves a diverse range of complex problems; determining the best appropriate solution to get to the end goal.
- Owning and maintaining project trackers and milestones.
- Actively involved with new business pitches and cross-selling opportunities.
- Works directly for the agency’s CEO on special initiatives & projects.
- Events / Networking.
- Works directly with the Group Account Director on:
- Creative coordination
- Project Management
- Client / Vendor negotiation
- Office management / coordination
- Processes and improving agency culture
- TBD Other as requested
Education: College degree preferred. Concentration in marketing, business or communications preferred. MBA or post graduate a plus
- 7+ years experience working for an advertising agency or related marketing field. Must have strong communication and relationship building skills; a proven track record in developing and retaining client relationships.
- Ability to work with other departments and teams to achieve the company’s overall growth goals.
- Must have strong written and oral communication.
- Required Skills: Must be a self-starter, highly organized, highly motivated and able to work well with many different industries. Solution oriented. Polished presentation and interpersonal skills. Must possess top level business management, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Plus: Need to know the Microsoft office application suite. Indesign, Photoshop is a plus, but general overview will be provided.