Job descriptionWe are searching for an experienced freelance Art Director to be the right hand and trusted confidant to the Creative Director for an experiential events agency based in Los Angeles, CA working with top name clients and high-level events. Let me know if this is something you might be interested in
Location: Remote (would like to have this person based in in Los Angeles, CA)
Duration: 2-3 months
Hours: Will vary per week but looking at about 20-30 hours for first 4 weeks, 5-15 hours a week for next 4 weeks (This is not set and will vary)
We are searching for an experienced freelance Art Director to be the right hand and trusted confidant to the Creative Director.
The Art Director is a mature, creative problem solver with experience leading and managing a team of junior and mid-level designers. You are as comfortable presenting to a Marketing Director as you are to a retail partner.
Ideation and development of creative strategy will also be a function of this role. From quick comps to dazzling packaging and digital creations, we want someone who can take an idea from the conceptual phase and bring it all the way to market. You have experience working with epic story creators, from copy writers to video directors, and have strong writing skills yourself.
- 8-10 years of agency experience in a managerial role with design teams across 3D and 2D projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: You feel at your best in a team environment; Leading communication from Design team to Creative Director; mentor to designers.
- Open to giving, collaborating, and receiving feedback.
- Killer design chops with Google Slides and advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects, with sweet 3D and Rendering skills SketchUp, Rhino, AutoCAD and Vectorworks
- You have impeccable taste in and appreciation for Art, Architecture, Fashion, and Entertainment
- Demonstrated ability to concept across a variety of mediums including Experiential, social, digital, print, audio, Premieres and whatever comes next.
- Strong understanding of how people move throughout a space in an experientially driven and visually compelling space.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Responsiveness to client communications is key.
- Can show they are adaptable, responsive, and able to work on several projects in the same stretch.
You'll Have a Hand In:
- In collaboration with the Creative Director, you will help lead the creative vision for Freehold in alignment with production teams, marketing teams, and business objectives.
- Concept, design, and produce engaging experiential creative across live events, activations, premieres, galleries, retail, digital, print, and whatever project comes our way next.
- Communicate creative strategy and interact cross-functionally with different departments.
- You will be handling projects valued between $100k-1M while overseeing team of junior designers.
- Minimum 4-5 years industry experience or related creative process experience combining creative strategy, content, and messaging with creative deliverables as an Art Director.
- Ideally you have 8-10 years of experience in an agency or brand setting with an Experiential, architectural, or graphic design focus.
- Expert knowledge in Mac-based tools of your trade and a design master in Google Slides, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Premiere, After Effects are a huge plus.
- Expert knowledge in event/retail fabrication, graphic printing, and event production processes.