Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a digital design agency based in Portland, OR to help them find an Art Director to join their team in this full-time, hybrid position! Our client offers amazing benefits, including a competitive salary, a flexible vacation policy, and great health insurance!.
Ideal Candidate: An ambitious Art Director with UI/UX and/or light motion skills. Must have a passion for playing video games or deep experience with gaming brands and trends.
We are looking for an innovative, expert design leader with a deep knowledge of brand, campaign and user experience - an Art Director who has their sights clearly set on helping create the future of entertainment. Lifestyle and gaming industry expertise is critical. Knowledge and passion for the space is a requirement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Own and Elevate Creative: The Art Director leads the creative on a program or project. They are visionary, diverse, conceptual thinkers and storytellers, with a deep understanding and appreciation for the role of design thinking. They oversee and approve all design they are responsible for, lead in production partner collaboration and direction, and raise the bar on how our final deliverables could come to life, all while ensuring projects are on time and on budget. Partnering with strategic leads at key moments, they elevate design with strategic cultural, consumer, and marketplace insights. They show impeccable attention to detail, are a master of current design tools, and bring a unique design perspective.
Guide and lead project teams: Working closely with CDs and clients, they will contribute to building the project roadmap, and then lead a team to set out to discover rich ideas and solutions. ADs guide and mentor creative teams of internal and external design collaborators (illustrators, designers, photographers, copywriters, and more) at all levels to develop inspiring and innovative design strategies and bring these concepts to life. They drive creative innovation, give clear and inspiring direction, deliver on quality, and prioritize our clients
and their audience.
Build healthy client relationships: You are able to lead the creation and delivery of both internal and client presentations, developing content with a focus on storytelling and strategic rationale. ADs regularly interface with clients and present their teams’ work, building lasting relationships, promoting organic growth, and positioning themselves as a dedicated and enthusiastic client partner. Committed to being an expert in relevant categories, challenges, and needs, they deeply appreciate and understand what motivates our client's audience. ADs function as a natural collaborator and extension of our client's teams.
The Art Director will bring their unique creative perspective on new business
opportunities and participate in the development of pitches and proposals.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 7+ years design experience (agency or internal brand team).
- Portfolio of recognized work (lifestyle, entertainment, or videogame brands a plus).
- Expert brand design skills with exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation.
- A solid understanding of user experience design, world building, and the ability an desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology.
- Expertise and comfort in all common software [Adobe suite, collaboration and presentation tools], proactively able to make design and art adjustments required for creative development in real-time.
- Able to lead a cross-functional design team, and guide and mentor junior/mid level creatives. Experience collaborating with motion designers, technologists, live production teams, product designers, and vendors to seamlessly execute projects.
- Comprehensive awareness of current and emerging design and technology trends.
- The ability to understand and translate a brand vision and voice consistently through multiple media channels.
- Strategic system thinking and storytelling through complex programs.
- Displays a cohesive understanding, and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, brand strategies, content development, and experience design.
- An expert at communication: effectively getting your ideas across and hearing what others around you are saying.
- Ability to collaborate closely with program managers and account leads to ensure efficient and effective creative development.
- Care deeply about design, innovation, and your contribution to the agency's future.