Job descriptionOur client, a major tech company in Culver City is looking for an Art Director to join their team!
Full time hours
One month assignment, with possible quarterly extensions
Hybrid in Culver City
Must have agency experience
Job Description: An experienced individual contributor who has lead responsibility for creating innovative and compelling campaigns that meet requirements outlined in our creative briefs. Responsible for planning and executing projects independently and with a copywriting partner – often by overseeing vendors, freelancers, or junior staff. Responsible for leading the successful creation and production of video and design solutions, and following creative direction of the appropriate Creative Director. Has deep knowledge of the creative development process. Consistently delivers conceptual, platform driven work with superior design. Effectively problem solves in accordance with project constraints, parameters and feedback.
Proven Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in developing platform driven work and producing well-conceived innovative creative work that implements the creative strategy.
• Experience with motion graphics, interactive, 3D, film/video, etc.
• Ability to effective lead vendors, freelancers and junior creatives. Provide creative guidance and serving as a positive representative.
• Proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
• Demonstrate excellent digital file structure and asset management skills. Unparalleled attention to detail.
• Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal, visual and in written format.
• Deliver quality, conceptual ideas at high volume in a tight timeframe.
• Thrive in a meaningful, dynamic, creative workplace and have a deep understanding of the voice, aesthetic, and tone.
• Extraordinary interpersonal skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences.
• Excellent conceptual, problem solving skills and design skills – all accompanied by the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
• Experience in art directing video and photoshoots.
• Great presentation skills.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Excellent skills with design software used in the creative process, including, but not limited to – Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign.
Minimum or Most Typical Requirements Knowledge or Experience;
• A minimum of 5-7 years relevant [preferably agency] experience
• Experience in broad range of new media communications. Especially film, video, animation, and social.
• Solid expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media.
• In depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including providing clear communication and creative direction, giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.