24 Seven is partnering with our sporting goods client to find them an Assistant Manager, Sports Marketing Soccer to join their team in this year-long contract. This candidate will need to be local to the Portland Metro Area to participate in the hybrid work schdeul in place. Brief details are below.
Oversee specific MLS Club partnerships: fulfill contractual obligations, create, and execute activation plans for specific clubs, product launches and events. Day to day contact for specific sports marketing partners.
- Oversee and deliver the MLS team product and contractual obligations, including but not limited to 1st team, MLS Next Pro, Youth Academy, Marketing and Front office
- Drive MLS sales through creation and activation of MLS jerseys and ancillary local activations and products
- Build a positive relationship with all levels of each MLS Club managed
- Identify opportunities to grow the adidas business within the MLS licensed portfolio and leverage soccer portfolio to strengthen adidas presence while increasing access to the sport at all levels
- Develop and execute activation plans for specific MLS Clubs and product launches, including but not limited to: jersey launches, retail events, team appearances, increasing access to soccer, local club relationships, affiliates, and in-game promotions
- Maintain regular communication with partners to ensure all commitments are fulfilled and superior service has been provided
- Maintain regular communication with sales team and key accounts and co-develop strategic plans in conjunction with Club marketing goals, including eMLS
- Create strong relationship with identified MLS Academy to identify next generation talent
- Support growth of the MLS affiliate business model
- Work with product marketing, brand marketing, PR and retail marketing to activate assets
- Provide superior service to all partners and partner affiliates
- Establish best-in-class communication with MLS, soccer sales force and key accounts
- Assist the Events Manager on developing and executing MLS event plans.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of athlete appearances and retail promotions
- Book and coordinate athlete travel and expense reimbursement.