Assistant Technical Designer
Our client is looking for an Assistant Technical Designer to join the team.
This role is onsite in Downtown Los Angeles/ Silverlake area.
Assistant Technical Designer Responsibilities:
- Assist the category team in setting a fit strategy for the season
- Maintain fit standards and practices within a category or product group and ensure consistency throughout product lines.
- Fit garments with the team and provide fit direction in accordance to the Designer and product expectations.
- Manage fit sessions and documentation while working closely with the Design team
- Translate design concepts into 3D product and assisting the team in Final 3D renderings
- Provide technical recommendations to design team to create consistency of fit/construction
- Translate and/or communicate design concept to generate a 2D pattern that incorporates proportional lines, fit requirements, and construction feasibility
- Create and communicate pattern revisions, incorporating styling and fit changes
- Assisting the approval process of graded and nested patterns as it pertains to the product and the team technical workflow
Assistant Technical Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Technical Design or a related field.
- 1 + years of experience in technical design
- Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator is preferred
- Experience in 3D software
- Pattern making experience, including ability to utilize pattern CAD software.
- Knowledge of textile manufacturing and materials development
- Ability to create a pattern, grade, mark, construct and fit a garment and to write product specs.
- Ability to instruct a manufacturer and make necessary changes to a pattern, construction, or materials
Salary range $21-28/hr DOE