Job descriptionJob Description:
Develop silhouettes each season under the supervision of the Designer. Ensure that all information related to the development of each style is followed through, communicated and maintained in the internal system in a timely and organized manner.
- Assist Sr. Designer in all aspects of the design process including creation of boards, maintain technical packages, tech packs, fit comments, approvals, samples, presentations, and vendor communication while meeting calendar deadlines. Create tech packs such as: trim card, fabric card, labdip colors. Prepare tech packages for Production and Technical teams which include construction details, sketches, fabrications, trim sheets and colors. Attend fittings and provide fit comments to Technical team. Create and maintain formalized record of design revisions, correspondence, and approvals.
- Trim research and development for Designer. Interpret fashion direction and assortment opportunities into product design and details for area of responsibility. Research and coordinate raw materials and maintain fabric/trim library.
- Work with Designer/ Design Director to fit and develop new designs. Communicate with Product Development and Production partners on a daily basis throughout design cycle. Responsible for creating, maintaining, and distributing all program updates and presentation boards. Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers. Ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library. Ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Research the market for new ideas and to stay current on color direction, trends, styling and washes. Read trade and fashion magazines, competitive shopping and meet with art service vendors.
- Develop and maintain personal inspiration and sketch book. Work on development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment. Responsible for specing a new design.
Years of Experience: