Associate Art Director Overview:
The Associate Art Director will lead the brand’s creative strategy and execution across all channels/touchpoints. This position will work within the Marketing and Creative teams to oversee the manifestation of the brand image through editorial campaigns, digital content, brand partnerships, and special initiatives. Must be skilled in the ideation and creation of innovative, engaging content and storytelling.
Associate Art Director Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative concepts for in-house editorials and initiatives
- Develop seasonal strategy and direction to create an overarching storyline for all projects to align with
- Concept unique brand partnerships and activations
- Support production for in-house and brand co-op editorial shoots
- Create concept decks that help vendors and brands visualize concepts through thorough mood boards, mockups, storytelling, and overall strategy/execution of concept
- Work with the Marketing, Buying, and Ecommerce teams to establish clear processes for project execution
- Work with Graphic Designer on implementing refreshing design language across all channels.
- Oversee email design and assist with content calendar planning and execution
- Translate strategic ideas into compelling and innovative creative concepts that engage the customer and promotes brand’s relevance and desirability across multiple channels
- Serve as a design leader, providing guidance and feedback to designer and internal partners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with the editorial lead to create compelling stories in line with the season’s inspiration and campaign.
Associate Art Director Qualifications:
- 5+ years of creative/art direction experience in-house at a brand or at an agency
- Editorial experience (at forward thinking brand) preferred
- Must have experience in using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Photography and post-production/retouching experience a plus
- Deep familiarity with fashion, online retail, and social media
- Have sophisticated taste and be abreast of current trends in the photography, editorial and fashion world
- Have a robust network of Photographers, Videographer, Illustrators and Creative artists
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment