Client Overview: Our client is a fashion brand with exciting licenses for Mens, Womens and Kids. They are a MUST have in every wardrobe. Thisrole be working on boys size 2-18.
Boys Designer Responsibilities:
- Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets.
- Collaborate with the design team to create mood and inspiration boards to showcase new trends, inspirations, materials, and silhouettes.
- Research market trends and styles, ensuring comprehensive product and competitor knowledge and communicate knowledge as necessary through written and verbal presentations.
- Partner with Merchandising to develop commercial components of each collection. Ensure that product is consistent with market trends and adheres to the codes of the Brand and the business strategy.
- Uphold design integrity and high-quality execution throughout the entire development process from concept through to market.
- Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
- Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
Boys Designer Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years minimum or relevant experience
- Must have boys apparel design experience
- Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop