Communications Manager, AI
We're looking for a dynamic and seasoned professional to help us build trust and understanding in our recommendations system. You'll join our global trust and safety communications team and help develop and implement a range of initiatives to demonstrate our commitment to building AI responsibly. We're looking for someone who has a strong technical foundation and enjoys working with engineers and product managers. This person will help bridge technical and non-technical teams and empower everyone to tell our story confidently and consistently. You should have a proven ability to easily distill and communicate complex issues on a short deadline.
- Develops global communications initiatives aimed at building trust in our recommendations algorithm.
- Supports and advances our global AI narrative, including the creation of messaging docs, blog posts, speaking materials, white papers, pitches, statements, talking points, and other materials
- Empower market PR teams to consistently, confidently, and accurately tell stories to build trust in our recommendations system and handle issues reactively.
- Continually identify fresh ways to educate external audiences about our AI technologies and products.
- Support and develop AI transparency initiatives, including our platform API for researchers, Transparency Center, Transparency and Accountability Center, and more.
- Work collaboratively with Trust and Safety, Product, Legal, Public Policy, and other teams to provide communications counsel and support.
- Train and advise spokespeople in preparation for media interviews, presentations, and other speaking engagements.
- 5-8+ years of communications experience
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to translate technical information into easily understandable concepts and messages
- A self-starter who is motivated, takes initiative, and does well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong crisis communicaitons skills, a true problem solver