Job descriptionWe’re looking for an engaging individual to join our large healthcare client’s growing team. This position requires social media management experience, content creation experience and a passion for strategic thinking and execution across multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google and more. As a social media and content specialist you have the opportunity grow our digital media presence, engage with our customers, and help manage our client’s brand online.
As a Content and Social Media Specialist, you’ll play a critical role within a content marketing team, developing great ideas, producing engaging, relevant content, and keeping a good balance between speed and quality. You’ll work with a team to ensure that unique, engaging and search-friendly content is created on behalf of clients.
- Creativity: You’ll be creating everything from ad copy to direct mail to TV scripts to blog posts to social media posts for Optum. A strong desire to create and innovate content is necessary
- Journalistic/research skills: Ability to research content topics and target keywords based on marketing preferences and business focus. Having a pulse on healthcare trends and a desire to produce the most timely and engaging work
- Communication Skills: Professional and timely communication is a necessary trait for this position
- Technical Skills: Specialist must be comfortable working in web-based software systems (content production systems, CMS systems) as well as email tools and basic desktop publishing applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.), along with a strong understanding of all social media platforms. Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), and social media marketing applications (Sprinklr, HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.)
- Other: As in most jobs, the ability to work under pressure — either in a team or autonomously — is an absolute must. Additionally, must be able to find uniqueness and express creativity in saturated content areas.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of content and social media experience, preferably in health care.
- 2+ years of experience with social media platforms, their functionality, and the evolution of digital communities
- 2+ years of experience writing digital copy, print collateral and B2C marketing materials
- 2+ years of experience working in fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- 2+ years of experience in Adobe suite products and basic understanding of graphic design principles
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of data into concise and
- Healthcare marketing/communication experience
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
- Collaborative problem solver
- Community management experience