Job description24 Seven is partnering with a top global sportwear client to help them find a Content Author Specialist for this hybrid position working onsite Mon-Thurs in Boston, MA. This is a 6 month contract with potential to extend or convert to a fulltime salaried position. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits and more.
1. Excellent attention to detail, organization, and communication skills.
2. Self-starter with the ability to strive in a fast-paced environment.
3. Experience creating, maintaining, and publishing content in a content management system (CMS).
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The NA Digital team drives the fast-paced direct-to-consumer business. We balance art and science to drive amazing consumer experiences that support both brand and commercial objectives.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Content Author Specialist will be primarily responsible for updating and maintaining site content across the North America website. You will collaborate with various functions across the NA digital + global teams to ensure content appears accurately on site. You will also assist in setup and QA of site promotions and QA of product readiness on third-party selling platforms.
The ideal candidate understands CMS tools and has confirmed ability and eagerness to learn new tools and platforms. This person has strong attention to detail in the work they deliver daily and is comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the NA Digital Site Operations Manager. You will work closely with our authoring, site merchandising, CRM, digital design, and digital product teams.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Publish timely and accurate site content updates through a CMS platform Partner with digital merchandising/seasonal planning teams to ensure content is accurately scheduled and linked correctly across site
- Conduct thorough QA of site content and links for upcoming site refreshes, product launches, A/B tests, site acquisition efforts, etc.
- Partner with digital designers on site asset requirements and collaborate on design feedback
- Partner with digital product teams to identify CMS tool development needs
- Troubleshoot website issues and platform/tool issues
- Execute and QA promotion setup Assist in ensuring product readiness for third party selling platforms
- Partner with other authors to maintain documentation and best practices for areas of ownership
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- Experience creating, maintaining, and publishing content from a CMS, and/or in an ecommerce operational function preferred
- Experience with customer-facing digital products preferred SFCC and First Spirit CMS experience preferred, and/or demonstration of learning and onboarding a new tool
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus Strong communication skills, attention to detail and organization skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Self-starter with the ability to strive in a fast-paced environment