Job descriptionJob Description:
Looking for a highly motivated Planner to own all aspects of forecasting sales and inventory. This person will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping our strategic initiatives and ensuring successful execution for all planning processes. In addition to the duties in Planning, the position offers exciting exposure to Sales, Finance, Supply Chain / Inventory Management and Customer Service, with monthly exposure to the executive leadership team (COO + CFO) through monthly Market S&OP meetings with an opportunity to implement innovative solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Forecast inventory on a weekly basis and ensure proper inventory levels are maintained by consistently reviewing weeks of supply, sell thru and trend • Main point of contact for internal category supply chain contacts. Own all communication regarding forecast changes, “what-if” projections in line with operating strategy
• Lead monthly Demand Review overviews presenting demand forecast and supporting needs to Global Supply Chain / Demand Planning teams highlighting areas of opportunity and variances to last submission
• Build out successful sales/inventory launch planning models for expansion within the Americas to help support brand awareness.
• Build a demand forecast at the SKU level for the coming 24 months that includes all future marketing, social media plans
• Maintain quality and consistency of key forecast changes and Risks & Opportunities
• Partner with retail counterparts (by region) to develop newness/launch forecasts and buys and align on monthly OTB forecasts
• Partner with retail counterparts (by region) to build and manage obsolescence / liquidation strategies
• Develop gap analysis tools between actuals sales and forecast
• Analyze retailer inventory and sales to create and maintain annual RTV budget by Retailer/Brand
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams and cross-channel teams
• Work closely with the DRP / inventory teams to include new trends into inventory planning
• Analyze forecast accuracy issues and build forecast accuracy action plans across the organization
• Manage internal Budget from a demand (sell in) / inventory management perspective to aid in achieving company sales targets and operating profits.
• Minimum 5-7 years inventory planning / account management experience; Sephora experience a plus
• BA, BS preferred
• Expertise in Inventory Management / Planning skills
• Expertise in managing multiple levels of Open-to-Buy
• Expertise working in a multi-channel business environment
• Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills • Excellent problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to detail
• Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
• Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams
If you are interested, please respond with your updated resume.