Job descriptionDemand Planner
Our client manufactures and distributes prestige perfumes and cosmetics as the exclusive worldwide. Through its global distribution network, the Company’s products are sold in over 120 countries. Their growing company is searching for a Demand Planner.
The Demand Planner is responsible for using analytical and sales data to estimate the future demand of a product or service.
Demand Planner Roles and Responsibilities:
• Works extensively with inventory forecasting software to identify and track product trends and life cycles.
• Designs metrics and prepares analysis reports to come up with actionable items.
• Works in a team environment to help create and place stocking orders based on forecasts.
• Analyzes numerous data points to maximize return on investment.
• Identifies, analyzes, and implements opportunities for process improvement.
• Incorporates macroeconomics factors as well as high level strategy changes into brand level strategy.
• Acts as a team liaison to other departments (operations, finance, etc.) and provides information they can utilize in decision making.
• Works with other teams within the Purchasing Department to effectively manage the inventory levels of the brand portfolio.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Demand Planner Key Qualifications:
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on the quality of work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Excel (Statistical Analysis, Data Manipulation, V-lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.).
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Data Science, or related industry required, Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of two years of Demand Planner experience preferred.