Job descriptionTiming: December
Hours per week: 40+ (half days on Fridays)
Duration: Ongoing full-time
Location: Grand Rapids (hybrid onsite 3 days/week)
Salary: $100-125K DOE
One of our home maintenance manufacturing clients is looking for a Design Manager to join their growing in-house design/creative team for an exciting full-time role.
This Design Manager will report to the brand's Creative Director and play a key role leading a 10-12 person internal design team that delivers a range of B2C marketing, e-comm, and social assets including design, copy, photography, video, CGI, etc.
Ideal Design Manager candidates will have:
- At least 4-7+ years of agency or in-house creative experience as a Design Manager, Sr. Art Director, Design Lead, or related position
- No less than 3+ years of management and team leadership experience
- BA degree in Advertising Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Communication Design or related.
- Experience working on large shopper marketing, retail, and/or e-commerce brands/clients
- Strong online portfolio showcasing strong art direction, visual design, and branding expertise across e-commerce, social, performance media, email, etc.
- People leadership ability and experience, yet still willing to remain hands-on with design responsibilities as needed and capable of shaping copy/messaging
- Team player, adaptable, and able to deal with ambiguity and ever changing/evolving creative priorities
- Well-versed in design principles and best practices, comfortable working within existing brand style guides, and ability to stay current with industry design trends.
- Fully proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with project and asset management solutions like Work Front and AEM.
Nice to Have:
- BFA in Design Management
- Experience with the photography and videography production and editing processes
- Lead and mentor a team of designers and writers across multiple design disciplines providing daily direction, feedback, and development.
- In partnership with the Creative Director, drive the team and organizational vision.
- Develop and implement design strategies and creative briefs that reflect customer insights, and drive business goals and brand aspirations.
- Engage with multifunctional teams such as Product Marketing, Consumer Design, and Delivery and Operations to comprehend project prerequisites, ensuring design solutions that align with business objectives.
- Liaise with stakeholders and collaborate with the Traffic Specialist to understand project objectives, scope, and requirements to understand the logistics of a project such as timelines, resource allocation, and priorities.
- Ensure that the right designers with appropriate skills are assigned to specific projects.
- Foster a culture where design thinking is embraced and integrated into all aspects of the design process, ensuring that user needs, preferences, and experiences are at the forefront of decision-making.
- Oversee the end-to-end design process, from concept development to final execution and production, ensuring deliverables are driven by consumer research, insights, and data.
- Maintain a high standards of design quality; review and provide feedback on design concepts and final deliverables to ensure they meet brand guidelines, as well as channel, and industry best practices.
- Drive continuous improvement, streamline design workflows to optimize efficiency and productivity within the design team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices, integrating new design methodologies and technologies into our processes.
- Compile and deliver information through presentations.
- Interact with clients, external vendors, and contractors.
- Maintain positive relationships, handle negotiations, and ensure that project expectations are met.
- Budget and Contract Management responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Hybrid onsite (3 days/week, half days on Fridays)
**Full benefits included - healthcare, PTO, etc.
***Eligible for relocation sign-on bonus