Job descriptionThe Role:
The Digital Marketing Director will serve as the lead conduit between Global .com and Local Marketing, PR, Advocacy and Commercial teams creating a synergistic business model that is set up breakthrough revenue ambition.
Reporting Relationships: Dual reporting structure to VP, Marketing - North America and Director of Global .com
- Deep dive into .com business model with Global .com, Data, Media teams, etc. Identify areas of opportunities and strengths for our business in benchmarking to competitive performance for best-in-class DTC businesses (agnostic of beauty category).
- Optimize global .com strategy with a specific focus on NA. Partner closely with Global teams in deep diving into critical new customer acquisition and retention tactics that work in NA and proposing a vision for what-needs-to-be-true-asks to achieve these goals.
- Propose and execute white space ideas for business development that create bespoke, new sources of revenue such as corporate gifting, brand partnerships for the business.
- Craft marketing blueprints that excite and mobilize the business behind activities, making it EASY to flawlessly execute.
- In collaboration with the Product Development team, NA Regional insights, and the internal Creative Agency, shape product positioning and define sharp product concepts with irresistible Unique Selling Points and compelling Reasons to Believe to deliver ambitious growth targets in our Direct-to-Consumer business.
- Execute the proposed acquisition and retention tactics (as agreed with Global teams to avoid any duplicative efforts) for NA driving revenue for the business with an outlook for constant optimization of strategies as data presents itself.
- Play point/consult on ALL content needs in NA including but not limited to Paid Media (PM ads), email comms, social media, etc. to drive a synergy with overall NA focuses
- Work on groundbreaking 360 campaigns for NPD, Exclusives, Core Products, Services, and features across .com
- Own the .com marketing roadmap in NA for: Black Friday / Summer Sale, App, Loyalty, Pro Beauty Tech, and Metaverse/Gaming. Work closely with NA PR and Global PR teams for positioning .com as a Beauty Tech visionary in NA. Identify key tentpole moments and garner maximum support and visibility possible.
- Ensure that dots are connecting for .com and we are best poised to take the most advantage of the buzz surrounding national supernova NPD planning and connecting dots with .com plans to ensure that owned channel is well poised to gain as much traction as possible.
- Take projects through each step from the kernel of an idea through development, execution and measurement / review, tying together each function, to deliver cohesively on time and in budget, adhering to the Critical Path Analysis and allowing for iteration towards the exceptional.
- Advocate for resources (funds and bandwidth) to support .com exclusive product launches, high revenue moments (like Summer Sale, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday).
- Represent .com business at the TWR on Mondays, reading dashboards for traffic, conversion, AOV gains or misses with full debrief on “why” behind the business performance and what we will do differently. Own the .com POAP for NA ensuring it is up to date for full read outs, etc. as necessary
- Be the conduit between .com global planning function and local Commercial teams to join forces and connect the dots on NPD forecasts i.e., ensuring each has visibility to how we are planning a certain innovation.
- Input the .com launch dates and NPD sales forecast for monthly NPD pipeline trackers to be run and shared by Brand Marketing teams at the Monthly Broadcast
- Represent NA in weekly Global meetings and build strong relationships across the pond for flawless global-local executions.
- Offer support to The Grove team in aligning .com channel promotions, product launches, or any other exclusives for owned channels
- Globally, ensure to be connected with Global Marketing, Paid Media, CRM, Acquisition, planning and data science teams. Locally, stay connected with Brand Marketing, Commercial, PR, and Influencer teams. (Supply Chain teams as necessary).
- We’re looking for someone who is a forward thinker and full of fresh and innovative ideas; someone who takes pride in being best-in-class, cutting edge while being able to be an awesome team player!
- You have experience/education in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- You have prior experience and solid expertise in campaign and channel analysis and reporting
- You have project management experience - comfortable taking on new challenges, and roles to support a lean and growing team
- You have thorough knowledge of market/consumer trends
- You possess exceptional analytical skills and leverage data, metric and consumer behavior trends to drive actionable insights and recommendations
- You have the ability to influence others, gain support and buy-in towards a desired outcome
- You are open-minded, curious, and a strong problem solver
- Be flexible so as to develop the role to best meet the changing needs of a growing company
- Generous staff discount to use on all products
- Access to our very own rewards platform allowing you to save money and gain ‘money can’t buy’ discounts on anything from gym memberships to cinema tickets
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday PTO