Director of E-Commerce Operations
About the role – No Relocations – NYC Metro Area Only
The Director of e-Commerce Operations is responsible for leading a team that delivers an innovative and engaging customer experience, develops strategic direction, expands desktop and mobile capabilities, establishes and manages the end-to-end digital product roadmap, and drives day to day ecommerce operations. The individual will develop, mentor, and lead a digital operations team, technical management with internal and external third parties, and customer care teams. The ideal candidate will enjoy leading within an entrepreneurial environment, being equally comfortable driving strategy and being in the details of the business.
What you'll do
- Focus on customer experience. Develops omni-channel strategies to maximize the customer experience. Makes decisions and solves problems by analyzing and actioning on data
- Manages e-Commerce technology roadmap: inclusive of strategy, budget, execution and maintenance. Partners with IT lead and is responsible for sprint planning, uat, launch and regression testing
- Manages all order, inventory and payment processes. Works in close partnership with IT, fulfillment center, call center and stores to trouble shoot, manages any exception handling and new releases.
- Uses data to translate business needs/strategy into a relevant customer experience development plan, leading to concrete UX and site experience, content, and technical requirements. Creates personalized onsite journeys; member of the personalization strategy team.
- Benchmarks improve/establish, and track SOPs and SLA targets across ecommerce operations, and technology for rapid growth with a weekly reporting cadence. Collects, analyzes and utilizes key business metrics to drive conversion and revenue objectives
- Partners with Digital Marketing, CRM, Creative and Analytics to develop and test innovative site design enhancements including homepage and PDP redesigns
and overall site experience
Who you are:
- BA in Business, Finance, and 7+ years of experience in a retail digital environment with leadership level experience in eCommerce. Fashion experience preferred
- Experience in SFCC and Oracle OMS preferred. Must be highly knowledgeable in content management, order management, warehouse management and payment processing systems
- Proven experience building and leading a Digital/eCommerce operation, from conception through delivery with quantifiable results in a multi-channel environment. Experienced in onsite personalization
- Strong, prove connection to the customer
- Proven talent management experience providing coaching and mentoring staff to solve problems, make independent decisions, and work effectively under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate on complicated concepts and recommend courses of action
- Capacity to continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas