Position: Director, Marketplaces & eRetailers
Duration: 3 weeks (paternity leave coverage)
We are seeking a temporary Director, Marketplaces & eRetailers to deliver within client engagements requiring our eCommerce Marketing & Merchandizing capabilities. This Director will be responsible for strategy and execution across Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kroger (or other grocery retailers), Instacart and delivery services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
40% - eCommerce Strategy and Consulting
• Planning: help evaluate eCommerce channel mix and channels, propose channel strategy and then execute marketing and merchandizing activities in one or more marketplace or retailer channels to deliver on revenue goals.
• Technical Connections: understand data and systems within the marketplaces and retailers, determine the opportunities and implications for strategy and execution and make actionable recommendations to the internal team and client.
• Customer path to purchase: understand and analyze data and provide insights and actionable recommendations to improve customer acquisition, retention and/or development in the relevant channels.
40% - Amazon & Walmart Program Implementation
• Associates: support the continued execution of two client Amazon programs that need to be managed soup-to-nuts.
• Stores: support two existing client Amazon brand store launches that need to be managed soup-to-nuts.
• Sponsored Brands & Products: conduct keyword and messaging research; set up ad strategies; optimize campaigns to ROI/ROAS.
• Amazon DSP: build high performing audiences; innovate upon targeting, DCO, and retargeting strategies.
• Promotions & Vouchers: help strategize and execute promotions to optimize redemption rates.
• Collaborate with team media planning and buying resources as needed in this work.
20% - Page and Content Creation
• PDPs: build, enhance and maintain product detail pages to drive performance improvements; where appropriate, run dynamic connections with content database and work in product feeds.
• Brand Stores: design, build, and maintain representation of the brand on Amazon; ensure the brand is an integral aspect of the selling strategy.
• A+ Content: build enhance brand content within PDPs and Brand Stores to increase conversion; provide advice on the product information to show and optimize sales.
• Collaborate with other specialists, as well as the client as needed, to deliver quality, integrated deliverables.
• Provide – in meetings, emails, IMs and documents – regular information, data and other updates to colleagues to inform reporting and decision-making.
• Must be able to “hit the ground running” and dive into delivery with minimal ramp up time.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• 3+ years recent Amazon Strategy & Implementation experience
• 2+ years recent Walmart Strategy & Implementation experience OR Target Strategy & Implementation experience
• Other key CPG or grocery retailers (e.g. Kroger), Instacart and delivery app experience and plus
• Understanding of the purchase funnel and related KPIs including ROAS, conversions, customer value, and data driving these insights.
• Solid analytical skills managing business and campaign data and ability to turn data into insights and insights into actions. Ability to use effectively Excel and other platforms like Amazon Brand Analytics, Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics in delivering this work
• Effective communication and social skills. Track record of building compelling presentations that excite and move clients and internal teams forward. Experience and/or skills relevant to Business Development are a plus.
• Mindset that fits with a startup environment, e.g. motivated, proactive, collaborative, flexible, practical, agile with the ability to work outside comfort zones and do whatever is needed to get things done.
To be considered please apply with your most recent resume.