Job descriptionDirector of Merchandising
The Director of Merchandising will be a collaborative leader in an e-comm, retail stores and wholesale business. This person must have excellent taste and have a great eye for color agencies. This role will work closely with design to ensure the comp business is protected and the brand is moving forward to grow the business. This person must love to be entrepreneurial and live in a fast paced environment.
Director of Merchandising Roles and Responsibilities:
· This individual will maintain and develop a strong merchandising team while partnering and communicating with various departments across the company to lead, develop and execute strategies
· Take leadership role in the creation of beautiful collections, curated with perfect color agencies and a balance of comp items and newness for the business that tie back to financial goals
· Build strong assortments and opportunistic programs that will drive incremental growth for the division.
· Manage product buy process from concept to execution, including partnership in product development.
· Collaborate with management on the development and execution of merchandising, pricing, promotional and marketing strategies. Communicate needs of the business to management on regular basis
· Responsible for communicating merchandising strategies to all cross-functional partners to ensure proper and timely execution of strategies insight and opinion based on experience and analysis in order to grow and impact business
· Create advocates for the specials business by leveraging cross-functional teams and initiatives to create opportunities for the division
· Partner with planning and allocation team to develop and execute seasonal plans and allocation strategies for these key classifications
· Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability of the retail business
· Responsible for growth and development
· Must have ecommerce/store experience at higher end companies
Director of Merchandising Key Qualifications:
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
· Must have 8-10 years of Merchandising experience
· Excellent taste level and eye for collection flow
· Strong product development experiences a must
· Computer Literate – Advanced Excel Skills and Adobe illustrator skills
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial fast paced environment
· Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and drive business performance