Director of Education (Global)
Our client is a new revolutionary skincare brand with a commitment to nature and sustainability to all stages of product development, from R&D to packaging. Ultimately, they strive to promote absolute skin health by empowering all who seek authentic, natural, and ageless beauty.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and results-oriented Director of Education working globally across all international markets. You will be responsible for developing the company’s education program for retail, spa, eCommerce, and travel retail channels. You will develop short-term and long-term KPIs including CRM, NPD Sell Thru, and Core Collection MOB.
Employment Status: Fulltime, Permanent
Travel: 60% (including international travel)
Reports To: Global Head of Sales
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop the Global NPD education program and ensure it is appropriately adapted to the market and local regions.
- Drive alignment and execution of all Education initiatives on a global basis.
- Develop the BA customer journey and selling ceremony.
- Develop the education program for spa therapists.
- Include education on sample and consultation protocol, VM expectation, and event experience.
- Collaborate with Digital team on brand-specific initiatives that create a unique customer experience leading to purchase
- Work closely with the NPD department to translate the Science of the brand into consumer-friendly language focused on customer acquisition and retention.
- Partner with the global and regional Sales managers to ensure the brands merchandising and customer experience guidelines are shared and appropriately applied.
- Review MOB to understand additional education opportunities.
- Build the content for and host the Global BA Summit seasonally in each location.
- Design and develop digital and print training materials, scripts, educational copy and content for distribution via internal and external education programs to drive productivity, customer acquisition and retention for all global points of distribution.
- Optimize and execute train-the-trainer workshops as needed in each market.
Customer Journey, VIPs and CRM
- Work with the Digital team and to develop and implement a retail CRM system (ePOS, black book…).
- Roll out the CRM with ongoing training across all regions, leveraging retailer loyalty programs and ensuring a consistent approach with a focus on customer acquisition, retention and repeat purchases.
- Develop Retail VIP programs in partnership with the national and retail sales managers to drive awareness and customer acquisition.
- Manage retailer VIP budgets to develop special retailer VIP events and operations.
- Partner with digital to identify and nurture synergies between brand and retail loyalty program.
- Partner with digital to share brand customer journey data and insights (campaign successes, product preferences, product finder tool…)
Business support functions:
- Represent and advocate retailer needs with internal cross-functional partners in marketing, merchandising, and education.
- Develop and perform competitive research and administrative tasks as needed.
- Monthly analysis and understanding of CRM and BA KPIs including implementing corrective training based on this analysis.
- Track & and analyze competitive promotions to establish learnings and better future planning.
- Share a quarterly recap highlighting achievements and a training action plan to drive improvement.
- Support retail sales managers with training, planning and execution for key events.
- Develop intersell associate models to be delivered in-store by regional sales team
- Lead by example by hosting store-level or retailer-level events as needed.
Recommend eventing strategy based on retailer trends and guidelines.
- other duties as assigned from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years’ experience in beauty sales and education
- May be a certified aesthetician (optional)
Skills & Requirements:
- Fluent in English
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and the ability to spot original opportunities and create strong brand love and education
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills, proven ability to analyze and consolidate large volumes of data, develop a fact-based point of view, and communicate it effectively.
- Strong presentation skills with both internal teams as well as external organizations.
- Ability to work independently within a rigorous deadline schedule, multitask, and prioritize.