Our client is an American manufacturer and distributor of candy, particularly chocolates is looking for a Director of Marketing. This position leads the company's marketing strategy and oversees execution in all channels supporting sales and customer growth across all business units including General Market, Fundraising and Volume Savings. Develop and operationalize marketing processes to drive innovative solutions while managing a growing team of marketing leaders to strategize, plan and create on-brand marketing for the company.
1. Strategize key marketing tactics and initiatives to drive sales and acquire new customers.
2. Partner with sales team to align on key objectives and opportunities to drive the businesses in their respective channels including but not limited to shops, ecommerce and Volume Savings/B2B.
3. Lead cross-functional marketing team to ensure alignment on business objectives, KPI’s, ongoing performance, and campaign coordination to ensure cohesive messaging across all channels.
4. Implement a new strategic planning process building in longer lead times and allowing for greater flexibility.
5. Develop action plans in partnership with key marketing and cross-functional partners to close gaps where appropriate.
6. Collaborate with the creative team to ensure alignment on brand story and asset requirements.
7. Provide thought leadership into areas of opportunity outside of direct marketing including but not limited to the website, customer experience and new product development.
8. Innovate new tactics and marketing opportunities to drive sales and awareness.
9. Ability to assess market dynamics, customer views and work with and report on survey and statistical analytical tools to improve Company comprehension and strategy.
10. Participate in developing the annual marketing budget and managing expenses to stay on track.
11. Comfortable working in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
12. Protect and manage the brand at all times.
13. Perform special projects as assigned by management.
14. This position is responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance technology and innovation that will improve departmental effectiveness.
15. All staff must be committed to the company’s core principles and workplace values, including a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Relationship management: internal and external.
2. Strong communication skills.
3. Project management.
a. Highly organized.
b. Prioritizes and manages multiple and competing priorities.
c. Effective and efficient time management.
4. Prepare and assess success of programs against Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
5. Budget management.
6. Provide quality assurance (QA).
7. Strong leader.
1. Minimum 5 years of experience leading marketing strategy.
2. Understanding of multi-channel marketing including social, digital, traditional and public relations.
3. Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and journey marketing is a plus.
4. Ability to analyze data and provide insights.
5. Experience with customer and market research, including survey, focus group and consumer perception analyses.
6. Strong problem-solving skills and detail-oriented mind-set with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
7. Self-starter who takes initiative with strong planning and project management skills.
8. Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative approach.
9. Experience managing and negotiating with partners/vendors.
10. Proven ability to run successful campaigns with little supervision.
11. Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
12. Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
13. Experience in multi-channel retail industry a plus.
14. Bachelor’s degree required; equivalent related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.