Our client is a legacy children's and tweens cosmetics company that is looking for a new Director of Product Development to join their team!
*Please note this is full time in office
Position: Director of Product Development
Reports to: President
To oversee the creation and development of the companies product lines at affordable prices for kids, tweens, and teens. To bring products to the market that is relevant, compelling, and innovative that inspire confidence and sparks imagination.
1) Plan & develop top selling unique product line based on company needs, timelines, buyer requests and licensing. Manage the creative team. Review & approve all concepts and images generated in the US & revised from China Art Teams. Stay on top of company needs from a product perspective and continuously develop new unique SKUS based on SKU performance reporting, market & demands with a clean handoff to the technical data team
2) Responsible for overseeing all costing & sourcing focusing primarily on innovation & timeliness
3) Communicate with licensors on individual property brand strategies. Stay ahead of new style
guides and property opportunities while working on packaging and product line sheet approval
and pre-concept submission approval.
4) Sales presentation (including trend boards, CADS & mock-ups) for their individual customer & demographic. Travel on sales calls with the sales team member to promote the product line &
convey property perspective to buyer.
5) Select & approve master colors, flavors, formulations, new components, and finishes set by
merchandising & design team. Work on approval with licensor before line development.
6) Analyze sales results on products (Items, brands, and categories) to determine direction for
7) Responsible for departmental budgeting. Updating budgets. Reviewing and approving
-8+ years of experience leading a product development team
-Background in cosmetics/beauty product development
-Extremely strong in team development and leadership
-Strong finger on the pulse of product innovation and market trends
-Ability to travel 20% of the time to Asian markets
-Experience working with Chinese manufacturers is a plus
-Willingness to working 5 days a week in office in Manhattan