Job descriptionClient Overview:
Our esteemed client is a paragon of refined skincare, meticulously formulating products that epitomize radiant and healthy skin. Committed to ethical practices, all products are vegan, cruelty-free, and are made with 100% recyclable packaging. With a global presence in prominent beauty retailers across North America, the UK, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East, our client offers a universally accessible standard of excellence in skincare.
Director of Product Overview:
As a prominent executive leader on the client’s product development team, the Director of Product Development is responsible for overseeing the product pipeline for one of the top beauty brands recognized globally. This role requires both creative and analytical thinking, the ability to identify and drive innovation, a keen sense of future trends, identifying consumer insights, and strong leadership capabilities. The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be a natural leader with the proven ability to inspire and grow the next generation of product development leaders. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, this position is situated in the dynamic landscape of New York City.
Director of Product Responsibilities:
- Oversee and drive development across all categories from ideation through the lifecycle of the product, including but not limited to product briefs, packaging development, safety testing, product claims, product education, etc.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the product development team.
- Provide coaching, development, and strategic/tactical direction, serving as a mentor and role-model.
- Ideate and create ground up, first-to-market innovations and ensure on time product launches, working closely with the Production and Procurement team.
- Maximize relationships with global suppliers.
- Oversee Regulatory team member to ensure on-time registration and product compliance globally.
- Build productive relationships with key cross functional partners including Operations, Marketing, Education and Sales.
- Research and share market and ingredient trends to ensure projects meet the needs of the marketplace; identify new trends in product format, ingredients, delivery systems and technology that will translate into potential new concepts.
- Present new concepts and formulations to the Brand Founders to gain alignment.
- Create a diverse team and cross functional culture of creativity, collaboration, calm and productivity.
Director of Product Qualifications:
- 10+ years of extensive experience in skincare product development, the ideal candidate holds a BA degree or equivalent.
- Provide unparalleled expertise in the evaluation of all product categories.
- With over 5 years of managerial experience, the candidate has a proven track record of leading, developing, and motivating teams to achieve exceptional results.
- Previous experience in founder-led organizations is a noteworthy asset.
- Ability to manage multiple projects through strategic prioritization and planning to take ownership and drive business results.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to adapt to changes and be agile when needed.
- Embody a self-starter attitude, seamlessly blending strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), the candidate delivers strong, polished, and effective presentations.
- A willingness to engage in 10% travel, both international and domestic.