Job descriptionTiming: 11/27/23
Duration: 2 years
Hours per week: 40
Location: Lafayette, CO (hybrid onsite 3-4 days per week)
Pay rate: $20-30/hr DOE
One of our medical device manufacturing clients is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Event Planning Specialist to join their team for an exciting 2-year contract position.
This Event Planning Specialist will play a key role in organizing and executing successful meetings and events for the company.
The Event Planning Specialist should be excited to ensure the seamless execution of meetings and events that align with the company's objectives, and a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with a passion for event planning.
Ideal Event Planning Specialist candidates will have:
- BA degree in Public Relations, Event Management, Hospitality, or a related field.
- Proven experience in meeting planning and event management, preferably in a corporate or agency setting.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, external vendors, and attendees.
- Proficiency in event management software and tools, such as Cvent, Eventbrite, or similar platforms.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, with a proactive and problem-solving mindset.
- Flexibility to travel and work outside of regular business hours, as required by event schedules.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends in meeting planning and event management.
- Meeting Planning: Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand meeting objectives, determine requirements, and develop comprehensive meeting plans. Coordinate all logistical aspects of meetings, including venue selection, catering, audiovisual setup, transportation, and accommodation arrangements.
- Vendor Management: Identify, evaluate, and negotiate contracts with external vendors, such as hotels, event planners, transportation companies, and technology providers. Maintain strong relationships with vendors to ensure smooth execution of events and negotiate favorable terms.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage event budgets, ensuring cost-effective solutions and adherence to financial guidelines. Track expenses, review invoices, and provide regular updates to stakeholders to ensure budget compliance.
- Event Coordination: Oversee all aspects of event coordination, including registration, attendee management, agenda development, speaker coordination, and onsite logistics. Ensure seamless execution of events, troubleshoot any issues that may arise, and provide exceptional customer service to attendees.
- Communication: Collaborate with internal teams, including marketing and communications, to develop event collateral, invitations, and promotional materials. Coordinate pre-event and post-event communications to ensure attendees are well-informed and engaged.
- Post-Event Evaluation: Conduct post-event evaluations to measure the success of meetings and events. Collect feedback from attendees and stakeholders, analyze data, and provide recommendations for improvement in future events.
*Hybrid onsite 3-4 days per week
**Background and drug screen required
***Computer will be provided
****Eligible for benefits through 24 Seven