Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a top global sportwear client based in Portland, OR to help them find an Event Manager to join their team in this hybrid opportunity! This is a full-time, 7 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
Ideal Candidate: will have at least 3 years of experience in meeting planning or event marketing and have strong project management and communication skills.
Job Description: Serve as an event marketing expert through developing and managing strategic event marketing plans that elevate the visibility of the brand to our employees, consumers, customers, and partners.
· Develop, manage, and execute events across the Event Marketing business. This includes GTM, Employee, Consumer/Communities/Purpose and Retail.
· Collaborate with cross-functional team partners to develop experiential strategy, production, and event creative.
· Manage agency partners to ideate and execute assigned event activations.
· Develop event briefs, event overviews, event recaps and work backs.
· Responsible for direction and oversight of rooming lists, transportation manifests, BEOs and other hospitality documents.
· Responsible for management and communication of event budgets
· Responsible for PO’s
· Provide timely responses and follow up as needed. Escalate if guidance needs to be provided.
· Four-year College or university degree, emphasis in marketing or communications preferred.
· Minimum 3 - year meeting planning or event marketing experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Strong project management skills, oral communication, able to deliver clear, concise information tailored to specific (and potentially varied) target audiences.
· Intermediate knowledge of meeting planning skills (hotel contracts, room sets, catering, production, AV, etc)
· Ability to work within and successfully navigate a cross-functional team.
· Proficiency in budget management.
· Proficiency of industry-standard software, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
· Ability to cope with change and be flexible.
· Ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization.
· Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
· Ability to manage up to effectively communicate information and raise concerns or request for support.
· Ability to travel by aircraft domestically as needed.