Job descriptionNon-profit, is looking to hire an Executive Assistant!
The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President (SVP), Global Human Resources. Responsibilities include complex scheduling and travel arrangements, expense reporting, drafting of documents and presentations, report compiling, follow-up on deadlines and commitments, and other essential correspondence and administrative duties.
The role requires a high degree of professional maturity as the work entails handling sensitive information requiring the utmost confidentiality and discretion.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Proactively engages with the SVP to ensure an understanding of their needs.
- Manages the schedule of the SVP including meetings, appointments, conference calls and travel arrangements requiring creativity and latitude and coordination across others’ schedules.
- Track deadlines for key projects, follows-up to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintains, coordinates, and facilitates functional meetings and communications including scheduling, drafting agendas, and ensures accurate minutes and follows up on agreed actions.
- Coordinates the collection of content by aggregating materials submitted by the functional team as needed for board reports, budget and operating plans, and similar requests.
- Proactively coordinates the SVP’s travel and meeting needs and initiates travel planning and makes arrangements in a timely fashion.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets, manuals, presentations, communication materials as needed.
- Supports the SVP and their functional team and SVP in coordinating budget preparations as needed.
- Creates and maintains complex filing systems and reports while retaining a high level of security and confidentiality.
- Liaises with other functions, executives, and executive assistants to efficiently coordinate efforts.
- Performs routine administrative duties for the SVP including expense reports, filing, and data retrieval.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Experienced in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- An excellent communicator and proven skills in composing clear reports, creating summaries and other written communication.
- Must demonstrate good writing and editing skills, including document formatting and creation of tables, charts and process maps.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural, multinational, and geographically dispersed environment.
- Highly proficient and well organized in the use of all office systems and software such as Zoom, Slack, and Concur, with excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Professional.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with proven ability to multi-task and to work independently.
- Ability to solve complex issues in an ambiguous environment.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and is creative, flexible and pro-active as a member of the team.
- Displays maturity, strong work ethic, sense of humor, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude, and willingness to help colleagues.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on executive travel schedules and approaching deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience performing advanced and/or executive level administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions in a corporate environment required or equivalent years of related work experience if without a degree.
- Prior international experience preferred.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English is required.
- Fluent written and spoken language skills in any of the other official United Nations languages is advantageous.