Job descriptionOur client, an American Fashion Brand, is looking for a PR Manager to support their growing brand!
This position will own the communication strategy for the brand and will create unique stories and angles to secure press coverage, while being responsible for drafting press releases, news alerts and daily pitches for market stories.
Onsite, Hawthorne, CA
Will require some travel inside the US
Candidates should have at least 3 years proir experience pitching and developing relationships with editors and publications
• Build and regularly maintain and develop strong men’s and women’s press outreach lists and relationships including long lead, short lead, market, gift guides, etc. Categorize lists by editor focus, specific publications, market/location, etc and focus on maintaining strong relationships constantly.
• Build and maintain weekly calendar for pitching short lead in accordance with current season’s drop schedule as directed by heads of web and marketing. Build and maintain calendar for long lead pitching and brand stories in accordance with upcoming collections and brand news.
• Build new relationships to pitch business/brand/expansion/architecture stories to appropriate press outlets on regular basis. Continuously introduce brand, story, and founders to new editors at various appropriate publications.
• Execute press pulls from showroom inventory and web inventory as appropriate, including maintaining a detailed log of inventory whereabouts, checking items in and out, following up on status, coordinating shipments/pick ups/drops offs and inventory adjustments with web department.
• Assist in planning and execution of season press events in New York, Los Angeles and appropriate markets including outreach/invite lists, holding appointments, set up and break down, follow up, etc.
• Execute seasonal editor gifting opportunities with a detailed gifting log in accordance with product release schedule as directed by head of marketing. Maintain detailed database of sizing, addresses, style preferences, dates gifted, feedback, etc.
• Develop and grow regional press lists for Los Angeles, New York and Las Vegas to secure regional retail press. Occasional visits to all retail locations for meetings and events necessary.
• Manage digital asset planning and distribution.
• Manage daily, weekly and monthly media placement reports.
• General support for CMO, to assist in coordinating key PR initiatives, campaigns, launches and events.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field and 3+ years of PR experience in-house or agency.
• Passion, knowledge, and/or involvement in fashion industry.
• Possess a broad aptitude and savvy for media relations and brand storytelling.
• Strong research, writing, editing and communication skills.