Role Overview: Presents and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines. Researches and interprets fashion trends and consumer needs that uphold the integrity of the product lines/brand. Manages work under moderate supervision, exercising a moderate degree of scope/decision making.
Associate Designer Responsibilities:
- Create brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
- Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, fit and fabric.
- Create tech packs inclusive of detail sketches and Bill of Materials
- Deliver product designs with flawless execution; achieving goals with speed, agility and acute attention to detail.
- Present competitive patterning
- Collaborate and communicate with key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, and Product Development.
- Present designs to internal leader/team as well as key cross-functional partners.
- Execute design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications.
- Anticipate/solve potential issues and provide conflict resolution.
- Build/maintain collaborative and effective relationships
- Assess practices to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and speed in delivery.
- Ensure deliverables meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
Associate Designer Qualifications:
- Exceptional talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance.
- Demonstrated ability to create original design sketches and successful product lines.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in Flex PLM preferred
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- 2-5+ years of design experience in a comparable retail environment.