The purpose of this position is to see that the execution of design concepts, including the technical requirements, are delivered from the sketch/prototype stage through the "manufacture ready" package stage within established deadlines. We are looking for someone to create technical specification packages and develop patterns/blocks for proto development within a given consumer group. The person who will take on this role will also keep abreast of contractor-related technical/equipment capabilities.
Additionally, we expect that this role will ensure the adherence to quality and safety requirements for each product. You will also need to attend fittings and evaluate, document and communicate all proto/sales/production comments to the production locations. You will also act as a liaison between Design and Product Management for quality product execution and bulk production problem solving
· Bachelor’s degree (7+ years combined college education, pattern-making training and work experience may be substituted for a degree)
· Minimum 5 years experience focusing on the execution of design concepts
· Experience with manual or computer aided pattern-making and grading drawing, flat sketching or Illustrator drawing experience
· Proficiency with Word, Excel, CAD, PLM and Gerber Fit development a plus
· Design school degree a plus.
· Experience in the apparel industry focused on men’s and women’s fit development for non-denim and denim woven tops, cut & sew knits, sweaters and outerwear.
· Experience in interpreting designers’ fit direction with the ability to interpret and direct corrections to contractor pattern work.
· Expertise staging models, preparing fit meetings, conducting fit sessions and updating all patterns and specification documentation in required systems.
· Ability to forge strong partnerships with overseas technical teams as a means to drive clarity on all pattern work and fit requirements. Troubleshoot fit issues and bring to resolution.
· Strong understanding of product development calendars and sense of urgency to meeting all required deadlines.
· Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal).
· Ability to be flexible in a multi-task environment.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.