Global Director of Sales Overview:
The Global Director of Sales, is responsible for all domestic & international wholesale business. As a member of the Leadership Team, the position offers the opportunity to lead key accounts including Ulta and other leading prestige wholesalers in the USA, UK, EU, ME & China.
You will work closely with the customers’ purchasing, merchandising, marketing, CRM, and eCommerce teams as well as internally to develop outstanding sales strategies and deliver impactful marketing support programs that deliver growing revenues.
This role reports directly to Global VP, Sales & Education.
Global Director of Sales Requirements:
• Lead the wholesale business with vision and innovation, inspiring your team and the wider company and fostering a culture of continuous growth & evolution. This encompasses customers’ brick and mortar and Digital businesses.
• Be responsible for identifying opportunities for profitable growth within the prestigious wholesale customer base, oversee development and successful implementation of customer plans (brick and mortar and Digital), build enduring relationships with customers’ senior management, merchandising and digital teams, and provide strategic direction and leadership.
• Lead the strategy for developing the wholesale business and achieving the company’s annual sales goals.
• Lead the successful growth on customers’ digital sites, showing the ability to work with customers’ and digital teams to develop an efficient digital marketing strategy.
• Create & lead the execution of a national sales plan to expand the brand through existing wholesale channel & partners, as well as new channels & accounts.
• Show ability to develop impactful and innovative trade marketing programs based upon customer insights with internal marketing teams, both for customers’ digital sales as well as brick and mortar.
• Product business analytics to support the brand. This includes the issuance of several standard monthly and quarterly reports as well as general ad-hoc analyses. For all standard reports provide a summary of findings and recommendations to allow the brand to address risks and opportunities to the Brand’s Annual Operating Plan.
• Work closely with the Marketing, Product Development, Merchandising/Creative, Demand Planning and Financial teams in developing business plans as projects move through the innovation process. Lead and establish high levels of quality, wholesale forecasting, planning and budgeting processes.
• Work closely with Wholesale Retail Merchandising & Visual Teams to lead and coordinate quarterly Gondola updates, assortment updates, visual and graphics updates + secondary out posting strategy a/o displayers to achieve maximum ROI
• Lead ongoing assessment of the competitive landscape, and institute changes to the sales program in response to competitors’ change.
• Lead & partner with the Director of Field Sales & Education, the in-store field team, ensuring that a consistently high return on investment in all in-store activities, events, trainings, marketing campaigns and day to day store operations & protocols
• Inspire your team to execute operational excellence, an unparalleled client experience, maximum profitability and productivity as measured by the P&L and other reports.
• Minimum 7 years in a sales operation, business planning, or sales support management role.
• Direct experience of leadership sales position with Sephora, Ulta & other prestigious retailers
• Minimum seven years of sales or business development experience in a business-to-business sales environment
• College degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• Deep beauty product knowledge + desire to share trends + be part of the product innovation process.
• Strong team leader & leadership skills – proven ability to lead and develop a team.
• Strong analytical skills, strong excel skills, strong knowledge of the demand planning process and business planning.
• Systems thinking mindset – ability to understand multiple interactions with the demand-driven Supply Chain.
• Strong knowledge of Brands Go-To-Market Strategies, brand positioning, and channel strategies.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Strong project management, budget management & time management and attention to detail to simultaneously manage multiple projects. A willingness to step in to get the job done
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including a high comfort level with public speaking and presenting. Influencing skills required.
• Exhibit familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, including ability to competently develop spreadsheets
• Knowledge of the Marketing, Marketing Research, and Finance functions
• Individual must be able to work autonomously as well as be part of a team
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout the US
• Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to test and innovate