Job descriptionHuman Resource Manager needed for growing Beauty Brand that excels in skincare!
- Build a comprehensive onboarding program for hiring managers and new employees
- Optimize succession and talent review process & lead cross-company succession-planning efforts during mid-year and year-end review process
- Collaborate with the hiring manager, negotiate with candidates, and issue offer letters.
- Conduct onboarding sessions for new hires and exit interviews for terminating employees
- Work closely with the HR team for updates and crosschecks.
- Draft various letters such as offer letters, comp letters, and other communications such as HR announcements.
- Update and maintain the company organization chart
- Meet with employees for employee relation matters and touch basis in person
- Manage and keep all HR documents and records
- Keep track of hourly employees’ attendance and PTOs
- Monitor, administer, process, and field questions for all employees’ benefits programs and policies including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, LOA, FMLA, COBRA, STD, LTD, ADD etc.
- Must be familiar with termination processes.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations
- Conducts investigations (or liaise with relevant managers) when employee complaints or concerns are raised.
- Remain up to date with employment legislation and best practice, communicating relevant information to the business.
- Serves as an unbiased liaison between employees and management to resolve diputes
- Develops, maintains, and communicates company policies
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a similar field
- Current, confident working knowledge of federal, multi-state and local employment laws, required
- Proven ability to pioneer HR in a start-up environment thriving in a role wearing many hats
- Ability to navigate the creative and analytical sides of human resources; equally versed in business planning/analytics and common sensibility.
- Expert at identifying meaningful, actionable insights within past successful campaigns
- Absolute attention to detail
- Proficient in full-cycle recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains the utmost confidentiality in relation to sensitive information
- Must be located in Tri-State Area with the ability to travel to Vermont (30-40%)
- Able to work under pressure & tight schedule
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Adapts to changes & environment quickly and be a team player
- Effective problem solver with innovative thinking
- Multi-functional and project management skills
- Energizes and enables others within the team and with cross-functional partners
- Goal-driven and results-driven, striving for excellence in execution
When you are not traveling, you will be working REMOTE in the NYC area. You are only required on site in NYC for onboarding, off boarding, and major team meetings. On-site 1-3 days per month!!