Job descriptionInfrastructure Engineer
Length of Contract: 6 Months
10pm-6am PT night shift, Wednesday-Sunday.
Client Overview: A US based game developer and publisher company seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to help on their team.
Position Overview: You'll be working on game operations - deploying, managing, and proactively improving high performing and highly available services for players. This includes monitor and administer as necessary all game environments, especially the production game environment.
• Ensure that Wild Rift is up and operating as expected through system, application performance monitoring and reacting to alerts.
• Quickly correct any system faults or failures that are affecting players by following existing runbooks.
• Create new and improve existing runbooks to be reviewed by team members.
• Perform maintenance on systems and infrastructure as necessary to keep the game operating effectively
• Ensure that system, service, and network capacity is sufficient to support current and expected demand
• Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform that maintenance
• Create tools to optimize operational tasks
• 1-3 years of Technical Operations experience supporting live 24/7 services including deploying, monitoring, and fixing systems at scale.
• Experience with following runbooks to fix emergent issues.
• Experience with troubleshooting issues on a Linux system
• Experience troubleshooting basic network issues.
• Experience with navigating cloud environments and understand cloud infrastructure
• Experience with basic operations involving databases.
• Knowledge of basic concepts and operations on containers.
• Operational understanding of database systems including querying and migrating databases.
• Ability to write software especially tools to aid in supporting systems
• Mandarin Language Skills a MAJOR plus
• Experience supporting game infrastructure
Golang, Python, CI-CD, Jenkins, Cloud, AWS , GCP