LA based Cosmetic company is seeking an experienced International Commercial Director. MUST live in LA! MUST come from the beauty industry and current! MUST currently be at a Director level or higher level! MUST have current experience working with International Distributors.
The International Commercial Director to join our team will play a key role in managing and growing the company's international footprint, including both direct and distributor markets. You will be responsible for leading both the sales, marketing and merchandising teams while partnering with internal cross-functional partners, to develop best-in-class international strategies, marketing campaigns, distributor and direct retailer partnerships; resulting in sustainable, predictable growth and profitability. You will serve as the international representative within the leadership team at large, driving the respective strategic pillar for the organization.
SALES & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Lead the International Sales team to build and deliver annual sales plans for all international markets.
- With the support of the Finance team based in L.A and the in-market sales directors, you will be responsible for both the direct and distributor accounts in EMEA, APAC and LATAM regions including sales strategy, forecasts, budget and margin.
- Work with LA-based Supply Chain team to build up SKU level forecasts across markets for the S&OP and annual budgeting process.
- Be the key contact point with distributors on behalf of the brand and lead annual distributor conferences.
- Organize regular distributor and retailer meetings to discuss their requirements, follow up with orders, discuss promotion calendar and ensure the operations are run smoothly.
- Set and manage all sales targets and closely monitor the sales on a monthly basis (sell in & sell out).
- Prepare report on sales performance and inventory analytics.
- Build, maintain, and manage relationships with current and prospective clients and lead negotiation strategies to ensure best outcomes.
- Identify new business development opportunities with both new and existing distributors and retail partners, building on Milani’s International expansion strategy.
- Lead the International Marketing team to build and deliver annual marketing plans for all international markets.
- Partner with Global Marketing and Brand team to ensure successful implementation of the company's brand positioning across all international markets, localizing when necessary, but delivering on the brand’s core unique selling proposition
- Own strategic vision for all 360 omni strategic campaigns, leveraging data, trends in international markets and ensure the execution in each individual market is in line with global strategies.
- Work closely with international retailers and distributors to understand their individual needs and develop trade related programs to support the growth.
- Develop international product portfolio and merchandising principles informed by North American gold standard practices and results to ensure a highly productive assortment, delivering best in class product for consumers while minimizing planogram churn and return/markdown liability.
- For key priority, must-win markets, establish a compliance-based allowance structure to adhere to and monitor key standards of JBP.
- Monitor competitors marketing activities, pricing and evaluate the effectiveness of each launch by market and provide feedback cross-functional teams.
- Participate in monthly Global Brand Day meetings, providing marketing and sales updates to our leadership and cross-functional teams
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant international and beauty industry experience, including prior relationships with international retailers and/or strategic distributor partners
- Proven ability to lead, develop and grow teams
- Team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture relationships with members of cross-functional teams and international business partners in different time zones
- Excellent analytical, presentation and management skills
- Well organized, result-oriented and strong leadership mindset
- Familiar with MS Office
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally within assigned territories.