Our client is a well known high growth skincare brand that is looking for a Korean speaking Logistics and Procurement Senior Manager to join their team.
The role of International Procurement & Logistics Sr. Manager is to create and drive the strategic sourcing interventions in Korea. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the design and strategic choices in this area, building upon existing plans and experience while designing and refining to better fit the needs of the company.
Working with the Korea Operations team, you will implement new logistics strategies and capabilities (warehousing, transportation, customs clearance, etc.) spend areas. You will engage internal stakeholders to review business needs and spend drivers, support strategic choices on spend, ensure strong supplier management, and work closely with logistics team to define the external capabilities needed to deliver value and growth.
- Assist with managing supplier relationships for assigned Korea suppliers. Focus on building strong, collaborative supplier relationships. Help negotiate supplier agreements and review on an annual basis. Review key items for cost efficiencies on an annual basis.
- Work closely with U.S. team on building out BOMs and price breaks per MOQ with each manufacturer and also helping resource components to help attain better pricing.
- Work with U.S. Planning team to place purchase orders, arrange production schedule and logistics of finish products to end destination
- Partner with Product Development team to manage timeline and ensure that all components are delivered in a timely manner to make ship dates. Provide counsel to PD during the ideation process related to supplier options, preliminary costs, lead-time considerations, capacity, and other operational considerations. Alert Senior Management in a timely manner when delivery dates are at risk.
- Maintain production schedules in a centralized process so the U.S. warehousing and planning teams understand delivery dates for up to 3 months of all open items on POs
- Partner with the Product Development team to build F&A and BOMs by SKU. Confirm PO pricing with suppliers for new development and negotiate existing prices for reorders.
- Attend and participate in vendor, NPD, and operational meetings as needed
- Help to review additional projects that promotes process improvement and product management
- Help to build and maintain MOQ pricing per BOMs to help streamline ordering points and lower COGs
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior leadership on production performance and key metrics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
· Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain (with at least 3+ years of senior leadership role and team management) within the beauty industry
· Fluent in English and Korean
· Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, logistics, and planning.
· Exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and cost-saving initiatives.
· Strong negotiation skills with experience in sourcing, planning and international manufacturing.
· Have a strong process orientation coupled with the ability to operate in a less structured environment when necessary.
· Have the ability to respond well to changes in the operating environment (flexibility and responsiveness).
Full-time Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance; monthly WFH stipend; unlimited vacation & sick days, and summer Fridays; 3% 401(k) matching; monthly product stipend, employee discount; fully remote, and more!