The Product Development Manager is responsible for the product innovation pipeline for the brand, from product conception to final formula and packaging design. The candidate should have a strong understanding and passion of skin care, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well with cross-functional teams. The role will report to the Senior Director of Product Development.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Oversee the product development lifecycle from concept to launch, while ensuring on-time delivery of critical project milestones, budgets, and quality control goals.
- Define the future product roadmap and optimize current product portfolio in accordance with brand development philosophy.
- Lead communication with cross-functional departments on product briefs, copy, artwork, packaging briefs, formula feedback and timelines.
- Work with marketing & creative teams on packaging design and copy that creates an on-brand experience.
- Spearhead lab briefs and closely communicate with overseas/domestic partners on sample approval process and production timelines.
- Support cross-functional departments with robust product dossiers on formulations, ingredients, usage, benefits, claims, etc in timely manner.
- Manage and negotiate product costs in line with competitive SRPs.
- Conduct consumer survey on products to iterate and drive improvements in future releases.
- Spearhead market, competitive, scientific & industry research relevant to development process.
- Drive clinical and consumer claims testing process.
- Support international registration processes, including compliant artwork and claims creation.
- Identify, create and manage relationships with new and existing manufacturing partners.
- Follow up as needed to ensure all orders are being properly shipped and arriving on schedule.
- Work with sales and fulfillment teams to forecast and meet product inventory needs.
- 4-5+ years related experience working in cosmetic product development, preferably skincare.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage multiple projects at the same time set priorities.
- Stay on top of the latest beauty and lifestyle trends and find opportunities for new products, variations and ideas.
- Outstanding organization, follow-through and attention to detail.
- Highly flexible and responsive with ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities.
- Strong understanding of product development, consumer interests and beauty trends.
- Ideally based in New York.
- Candidate will need to be comfortable speaking with international vendors primarily based in South Korea.