The Marketing Analyst will be responsible for working with the Marketing Analytics Manager, other team members and key business partners to gather, synthesize and analyze information into intelligence that can be used to make informed business decisions. The ideal candidate will be able to distill information and deliver insights in easily understood reports and documents. This position will be responsible for maintaining monthly reporting cadence as well as standardized reporting and analysis for marketing planning and post marketing event reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Project management – ensure that medium/long term projects are implemented on time and achieve objectives
• Business analysis – analyze brand performance and sales trends, including promotion and test analysis
• Identify sales opportunities through data analytics including analysis of specific segments including daypart analysis, order mode, day of the week analysis
• Assist in refining forecasting sales contribution of various business channels and media opportunities
• Publish product mix insights for food and beverage categories on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual cadence
• Measure effectiveness of various media programs and platforms
• Reporting – create and maintain reports that assess ongoing business performance, leading indicators, and explanatory factors
• Ideal candidate has an inquisitive nature and a passion for learning and solving problems
• Self-starter personality
• Possesses strong analytical skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with expertise in Excel (e.g., pivot tables, advanced functions, formulas, filtering, etc.) and database skills (e.g., SQL, Access, etc.) a plus
• Effectively interact with various members of the organization across multiple functional areas
• Writing, presentation, and communication skills
• Interest in the restaurant industry and a strong desire to help shape the future
• Minimal travel may be required, less than 10%
• 1 -3 years of work experience in data analytics, marketing, or campaign management.
• Expert in Excel for querying and manipulating data for analysis and visualization
• Project Management, ability to handle multiple tasks within a constantly changing work environment
• Ability to reach goals on time while delivering on consistent quality
• Able to foster positive relationships with employees and franchisees
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a professional office environment and uses computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally driving of a personal, company or rented vehicle to travel to company owned and franchised stores.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to focus at night.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additional hours outside of normal business hours and days of the week may occur as well as the occasional overnight or weekend.
Less than 10% travel expected during a calendar year.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, finance, economics, data or related discipline
• Minimum 1 -3 years marketing experience with a professional marketing or creative agency.
• Brand or agency digital marketing experience required.
• Franchise, restaurant or hospitality industry experience a plus but not required