Job descriptionOur client a leading womens brand is looking for a Head of Marketing/ Marketing lead to join their team!
Hybrid in Costa Mesa. 3 days on site, 2 remote
Reports to VP of Creative and ensures cohesive brand marketing message and alignment across all channels of customer contact. Responsible for developing and executing clearly-defined marketing and advertising goals, objectives, and strategies. This includes the development of an action plan to support aggressive sales growth, increase brand awareness, and grow our customer base.
- Brand Goals & Objectives: Collaborate with VP of Creative/Design and Art Director regarding Visual Merchandising, Brand Visual Strategies and Wholesale Digital Catalog and DTC catalog design and production. Establish a comprehensive Marketing & Advertising Strategy for the brand for Traditional Advertising, DTC – Ecommerce and DTC Catalog, Wholesale/In Store, Social Marketing, Publicity and Editorial. Establish strategies to acquire, engage, and retain customers.
- Segmentation/Targeting/Positioning: Develop annual advertising and marketing strategies that differentiate the brand in the marketplace including defining/redefining the consumer segmentation, brand targeting, positioning and the development of effective messaging strategies.
- Brand Identity & Message: Work within the seasonal visual guidelines as set by VP of Creative/Design to ensure creative consistency in messaging across all consumer touch points. Assure that the brand maintains a unified message and look and feel that spans all marketing and advertising and customer touch points.
- Database Management & Reporting: Use analytics as a primary strategic driver of marketing success. Grow the brand using a data driven approach to planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Strategic Data Application: Apply digital analytics to help refine marketing strategies and measure marketing results to actual results. Data will be used to drive decision making to accelerate brand and business growth opportunities, internally and externally.
- Wholesale Marketing: Coordinate closely with Director of Sales/Retail Marketing to develop and implement marketing support strategies to support our retail customers.
- Direct Marketing – Ecommerce: Support Director of Ecommerce in the development and execution of strategies that drive Ecommerce sales growth and heightened brand awareness. The objective is to drive new and returning traffic, increase conversion, build average transaction size, build consumer relevance, build SEO and result in profitable sales growth.
- Social Media & Marketing: Collaborate with Social Media Manager to continue implementing marketing strategies that will engage our target consumer, grow followers on vital platforms, build brand relevance, and drive new and returning traffic to Ecommerce. Be aware of social marketing platform algorithm changes and adapt strategy accordingly.
- Outside Collaborations & Co-Branding: Collaborate with Influencer Marketing Manager to continue developing outside partnerships and programs to reach sizeable external audiences, acquire new customers, and drive website traffic.
- Publicity: Develop, implement, and oversee the execution of strategic publicity campaigns and provide day to day management of the brand publicity manager and external PR agency teams. Assure that they are achieving the planned results.
- Events: Develop opportunities to showcase and enhance the brand message through brand events, concerts, vacation destinations, colleges, and other gathering places of our target market.
- Revenue Perspective: Maintain Sales and Revenue Focus: Own and deliver sales and financial results for all brand marketing activities. Assure that the marketing team is aware of weekly changes to actual sales performance to sales targets and goals. Adjust medial spend, strategies and tactics as necessary to improve sales performance.
- Reporting: Routinely report to leadership concerning the effectiveness of all the Brand’s Marketing & Advertising activities.
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, or Communications
- Prior leadership experience overseeing a team
- Experience using a wide range of marketing channels including paid search, affiliates, SEO, email
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, comfortable working with various skill and seniority levels across the company