Our Footwear client is looking to add a Materials Developer to their team in a full time salaried position with excellent benefits. In this role you'll partner with Design and Product Development teams executing material developments ensuring the selection and creation is suitable for the desired application from a quality, cost and strategic sourcing perspective.
This is an exciting position that will work in a hybrid model in Portland, OR. There will be opportunity for international travel to Europe and Asia in the future to visit overseas teams, suppliers, factories and attend global materials tradeshows.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of Materials Development experience, ideally up to 6, and be excited to grow with the team. The team would also consider someone with a Footwear Development background if they also have a year or two of solid materials experience.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
1. Source or develop seasonal materials for our Performance Brands
2. Partner with Design and Product Development teams to optimize the Material creation process.
3. Continuously help the brands evaluate and optimize the Core and Seasonal Materials palette.
4. Follow through on Materials Developments from concept to commercialization.
Who You Are
-You are a team player, highly motivated, reliable and adaptable. Well organized and have excellent communication skills as well as graphic memory.
We’d love to hear from people with
- 6 years of experience in Material Development, Footwear Development or Material Sourcing for Performance Footwear
- Intermediate to advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications.
- Moderate to intermediate working knowledge of web-based product life cycle management tools.