Job descriptionContract Duration: ASAP through June 23rd
Hybrid work: 3 days in office
Location: Marietta, GA
The Local Media Strategist role will be crucial in building this retail brand's awareness, familiarity, customer engagement, retention, and ultimately traffic & sales. In this role, you will work closely with external agencies to make sure that media plans are on schedule. You'll work with creative to assure that assets are provided on time and that campaigns are on budget. This is not a hand-on role, rather you'll be overseeing the templatized campaigns. You will report directly to the Director of Media.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing (relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education)
• 2+ years of relevant experience in media or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
• Excellent project management, problem-solving, collaboration, and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to exceed goals and drive progressive business results via social media marketing programs
• Ability to proactively manage multiple projects and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience managing and leading TV/streaming video, local media, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
• Strong data-driven decision-making skills, analytics skills, and experience with A/B and multivariate testing strategy and execution
• Proven success in managing large budgets upwards to drive on-budget, on-goal results
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and a multi-tasker, handling frequent priority shifts and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
• Comfortable preparing and presenting executive-ready deliverables and PowerPoint presentations to leaders and executives
Essential Job Functions:
• Collaborate with agencies and internal stakeholders to plan, develop assets, execute, and optimize campaigns for Grand Opening media. Plans include, but are not limited to, television & video advertising, local media, display, social media, radio, and direct mail.
• Measure and report performance of all local marketing campaigns, and assess against goals [key performance indicators (KPIs) & return on investment (ROI)].
• Work with agencies to manage ever-changing grand opening timelines & budgets, ensuring on-time launches with precision in execution. Additionally, this role will be responsible for budget planning, purchase orders, and invoice management.
• Approve all grand opening creative prior to launch, collaborating with Field Marketing, Operations, and agency partners to ensure accurate and on-time creative delivery
• Develop hyper-local media “battle plans” for markets with opportunity to boost awareness, familiarity, foot traffic, & sales.
• Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on findings
• Formulate and implement innovative, scalable improvements to ensure our campaigns are best-in-class and cutting-edge
• Apply customer learnings from market research and CRM to media execution, including segmentation across media channels to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time
• Lead agencies and other vendor partners to deliver high-performing campaigns from strategy to execution