Our client, a very notable and growing athletics apparel brand, is looking for merchandise planner to join their team.
Direct hire / full time
Hybrid – Onsite 3 days per week
Office in Carlsbad
$75,000 - $90,000 salary depending on experience
The Merchandise Planner has the ability to influence both peers and leaders. Merchandise Planners are accountable for analysis of in-season business and the development of future financial strategies that support financial goals. Through their analysis and development of financial strategies, they will collaborate with Merchandising, Production and Inventory & Allocation.
- Partner with merchants and planning leadership on strategy, building targets, KPIs, mark down strategy, optimizing sell through and forward planning
- Drives and owns the Pre-Season Planning - Connecting statistical analysis, assortment architecture, and merchant vision into a pre-season view of a merchandise plan.
- Seasonal Planning - Develop seasonal architecture aligned with Brand strategies and calendars; incorporate distortions, targets, and relationship of regular to promotion sales sensitivities and demand.
- Develop weekly sales, markdown and receipt plans at the style level based on both trend and historical performance.
- Inventory Management - Manage monthly receipts to approved levels by analyzing buys and focus on optimal inventory turn, while taking into consideration the varying seasonal sales curves and receipt flow to facilitate new product launch set-up.
- Conduct hindsight of merchandise/planning strategy to inform future planning and execution activities.
- Analyze business performance and make recommendations that will maximize sales, profitability, and inventory and mitigate risk
- Support creation of financial decks with commentary for key business meetings
- Improve capabilities around analytics, conclusions, recommendations, to assist in driving key milestone meetings to conclusion with improved communication and influence.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, operations, business, or supply chain preferred.
- 4-6 years of retail planning, inventory management, financial planning and / or production planning experience.
- Excellent technical skills in Microsoft Excel and/or related planning, finance or analytical systems.
- Great business influence skills. Role is highly influential and requires input from various teams to be successful.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, grow performance capabilities, and handle shifting priorities - able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Able to identify and influence critical stakeholders, proactively problem solve, and recommend solutions.
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information and recommendations in terms meaningful to a variety of audiences.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount