This role requires 5 to 7 years of experience in product development and merchandising with demonstrated success in growing business. Our Merchants are a combination of Buyers (or Asst Buyer) and Product Developers, who direct the vision for product development, assorts the line, determines cost and/or retail, creates the color assortment, monitors sales and makes decision about whether product or a category grows, declines or is eliminated for future seasons.
Position Summary for Merchandiser: The Merchandiser position is responsible for developing and executing merchandising strategies that ensure the continued growth of the Performance Costume or Dancewear business
Business Analytics: Delivers sales performance by analyzing sales and assortment along with competitors’ assortments, pricing and catalog/web presentations.
Merchandising and Product Strategy: Utilize customer and industry knowledge to identify white space and opportunities for new big product strategies/business strategies to drive sales growth.
This includes forecasting out 2 to 4 years out.
Product Development, Selection and Communication: Builds product and fabric roadmap, works cross functionally to develop products that meet target margins, finalizes assortment, colors, sizing, and pricing to be consistent with the Weissman brands and based on financial history, customer votes, competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years buying or merchandising experience
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing a business
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of financial metrics and understanding of business development
- Highly developed communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross-functionally and to influence ideas internally
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
If you are interested, please respond with your updated resume.