Our client is a home textile industry. They strive to bring innovative and fresh ideas to the market. Their collections include Comforters, Quilts, Bedspreads, Throws, Sheets and more. Their persistent attention to design and color has made the company a forerunner in the home textile market.
Merchandise Assistant Overview:
As the Merchandise Assistant, you will be responsible for leading the product assortment for all distribution points of the brand. You will also be responsible for delivering a product mix consistent aligned with the company’s brand strategy and financial objectives.
Merchandise Assistant Responsibilities:
- Run the daily day to day aspects of product merchandising.
- Organizing the showroom
- Maintaining sample library
- Partnering with sourcing to comment on production fabric
- Updating shared files with respect to the lifecycle of products
- Competitive shopping and analysis
- Identifying trends and voids
- Developing seasonal product line plans
- Strategizing merchandising for customers
- Preparing for customer meetings
- Present product to customers
- Maintaining inspirational files ( digital & actual)
- Daily overseas communication with respect to photography of product
- Maintain branding files
- Communicate with brand affiliates with respect to product approvals
- Strategizing packaging concepts
Merchandise Assistant Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven merchandising experience
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills