Job descriptionOur client, a Top Entertainment Studio, is looking for a Photo Manager to join their post production team. This will be a 6 month contract and hybrid to the Burbank area.
The position’s emphasis is to support the photo producing team, however the position would also support the other networks on an as needed basis. The candidate must have professional high-end photography postproduction experience as well as a working knowledge of the entertainment business. Experience with editing and asset management is required. We are looking for candidates who have a love of Photography but also a desire to maintain and organize the large collection of assets a department of this size produces.
• Desire to work in an environment where efficient post-production processes are encouraged and maintained.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once. Experience meeting fluid deadlines while maintaining intense attention to detail.
• Understands high resolution file sizing and quality standards.
• Ability to navigate the extensive DAM system that supplies photos to the entire company.
• Knowledge of metadata and prepping images for distribution to various sources.
• Working knowledge of photo editing software including Photoshop, Bridge, and Photo Mechanic. Some retouching ability including density and color correction is a must. More complex retouching ability a plus.
• Editing experience and ability to have a flexible schedule to edit and support team at off-site industry events is mandatory. Some night and weekend work required.
• Excellent communication skills and experience dealing with photographers and photo production teams.
• Assist DAM users with various tasks including proper file delivery and uploading.
• College or trade school degree preferred.
• Expert working knowledge of Apple and Adobe products. Department uses Apple computers only. Familiarity with Microsoft programs and the Office 365 workspace.
• Intermediate or above, Adobe Photoshop ability.
• Experience using DAM systems.
• Ability to work with individuals on all levels of the organization.
• Comfort working with photographers in the entertainment business.
• Some nights and weekends needed for after hour post-production events or requests.