Job description24 Seven is partnering up with their top global sportswear client based in Portland, OR to help them find a Studio Project Coordinator to join their team onsite at their HQ! This is a 9 month contract with potential to extend. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
For merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer! We are looking for a consumerist with an affinity for product who enjoys the energy of moving at the pace of retail and the consumer. A successful Merchandising Manager will contribute to a positive and progressive team dynamic. We’re looking for a Women’s Lifestyle Footwear Merchandising Manager. This person will be capable of understanding the North America Women’s consumer and marketplace landscapes as well as their evolutions. Autonomous, agile, and solution-oriented, they will be responsible for driving the in-season consumer product offering across the different merchandising dimensions (model adoption, pricing, distribution, membership). They will also lead the geo-specific product offering End to End (from insights to adoption) as well as focusing on multi-season management of the most iconic footwear franchises!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON:
You will build consumer-centric assortment plans with an understanding of the full marketplace, blending fact-based and intuitive inputs. You will participate in seasonal reviews & assortment building in partnership with marketplace account-focused merchants. You will balance multiple seasons. Your insights will contribute to future season plans and adoption by supporting Gender Merchandising Leadership and upstream partnership with Global Merchandising (10%). You will manage your areas of assortment planning in depth during the seasonal process (70%) and gather consumer trends and marketplace insights from in-market seasons (20%).
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Adopting and assorting the seasonal Women’s Lifestyle Footwear line for the North America consumer, aligned with the Consumer Construct strategy (product, pricing, flow and concept or initiative intent).
- Understanding the business and marketplace needs, including coordinating between genders, brands and how individual products or collections impact each other.
- Building seasonal membership propositions anchored on a multi-seasonal strategy.
- Creating the 13-week consumer flow journey, including product launch plans, aligned with Men’s and Kids Merchandising and Brand teams
- Managing multi-season franchise approaches for key styles and tracking franchise health.
- Partnering on the seasonal NAEL (North America Express Lane) product line for the Women’s Lifestyle footwear business.
- Preparing seasonal tools to equip your marketplace partners with an understanding of seasonal priorities.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
You will be working very closely with your Geo cross-functional teams: Planning, Brand, Direct and MPU (Marketplace Unit) Merchants, and Men’s and Kids Consumer Merchants. You will also be engaged closely with your Global Merchandising counterparts to ensure the above deliverables can be brought to life in the most effective and aligned manner for our consumers. Additionally, you will work with Finance, Operations, and Consumer Insights teams; relying on business reporting for your area which includes quantitative and qualitative metrics on sales, inventory, and consumer behaviors.
WHAT YOU BRING
Skills and experiences needed for successful candidates:
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Merchandising/product marketing, retail business, planning, and pricing competence (Footwear, Apparel, Equipment, or relevant consumer product merchandising experience)
- Understanding of common retail and/or digital metrics such as sell-through, margin, full price realization, weeks of supply, etc.
- Ability to translate consumer, sales, trend, and marketplace insights into in-season and long-term product offering strategy
- Ability to optimally communicate and drive the merchandising strategy across the different functional partners
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Great teammate and contributor, with an attitude and excitement to learn new things
- Strong communication skills and comfort navigating a cross-functional matrix with an emphasis on influencing skills
- Ability to manage against a calendar with key deliverables, and to work with flexibility
- Attention to detail, understanding the importance of consistency
- Solution-oriented approach