Job descriptionOur client, a world leader in power generation, is looking to bring on a Project Manager with experience in Lean to join their team on a freelance basis for a 18+ month contract. Role will require some onsite work in Milwaukee.
Recognized as a Lean expert, influences at the manager level on projects and initiatives for their defined area of responsibility, and develops operational plans annually to determine processes and procedures for execution within their defined area of responsibility. Lead cross-functional projects to drive standardization, stability, and simplification.
- Managing multiple value streams, serving as a recognized expert and resource leader for focus areas, process rigor, and delivering significant simplification results.
- Owning the development and deployment of existing methodologies while advancing and applying lean principals · Facilitating workouts, value stream mapping sessions and activities to achieve business results.
- Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Constantly seek, share, and implement best practices.
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams to drive standardization, and simplification in a section of a wing-to-wing process. This includes providing change leadership Change Acceleration Process (CAP) methods and tools across assigned critical business initiatives.
- Propose process technology improvements and capital expenditures.
- Thorough completion of a training program on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools/tactics, deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability, producibility of designs and business processes to reduce defects and attain world-class levels of quality and cycle time reduction.
- Bachelors degree and minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience in business environment or High school diploma/GED and 7 years work experience
- Demonstrated solid performance, leadership and experience in lean
- Proven experience in influencing, leading teams and driving change results orientation
- Minimum 2 years project management
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated facilitation experience
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with Six Sigma quality