Seeking a Project/Product Development Manager needed for Luxury Beauty brand in LA!
MUST LIVE IN LA
This position will be critical in managing key processes within development milestones, and optimizing overall project flow and timing.
What You'll Do
- Define timelines for product development from concept through production and delivery
- Manage vendor milestones for development activity, including submissions, safety testing, pilots + line trials, and first production and delivery
- Support in vendor communication and follow ups tracking to key dates and deliverables & hold team members and vendors accountable to commitments & timelines
- Communicate with cross-functional departments on product briefs, copy, artwork, packaging briefs, formula feedback and timelines
- Work with marketing & creative teams on packaging design and copy that creates an “on-brand” experience
- Lead meetings with cross-functional teams, highlighting status, risks and deadlines. Escalate concisely to executives when needed
- Track individual timing and overlap of elements within product development – formulation, packaging, testing, artwork, industrialization
- Support in management of product testing with external labs and consultants, tracking results at select intervals
- Manage consumer testing process, survey distribution, sample send outs, follow ups, and overall reporting
- Support in product benchmarking process and testing
- Manage documentation and reports for technical milestones and industrialization
- Manage Quality approvals and standards for internal and external partners
- Manage internal alerts on risk and timing
- Work with sales and fulfillment teams to forecast and meet product inventory needs
The Ideal Candidate
- 4-5+ years related experience working in cosmetic product development, preferably skincare.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage multiple projects at the same time & set priorities.
- Stay on top of the latest beauty and lifestyle trends and find opportunities for new products, variations and ideas.
- Outstanding organization, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Highly flexible and responsive, with ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities.
- Strong understanding of product development, consumer interests and beauty trends.
- Based in Los Angeles.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a plus