Job descriptionJob Description:
Our client is looking for a passionate and ambitious professional to fill a mid-level publicist position. At time of employment, candidates must be based in NY or LA.
The ideal candidate eats and breathes music (specifically rap) / film / TV / pop culture; we're looking for someone who knows the media landscape well and can bring a strong network of established contacts to the table. Our client works primarily with record labels, musicians, media, and social media companies. They specialize in entertainment beats with an emphasis on multicultural outlets.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years proven previous experience as a Music / Film / TV / Publicist or similar role and established relationships with key media platforms. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to dig deep to find relevant angles. Must be a quick learner and independent worker. Must have good working knowledge of the rap landscape and be willing to attend industry events after hours.
Publicist Position: The Publicist will assist in national/regional press campaigns for their clients.
• Secure top-tier national media opportunities for clients, including press coverage across digital and print and setting up virtual and in-person press runs
• Strategize and implement campaign asset roll-out plans
• Interface directly with clients as needed
• Attend client/industry events (at night) on a regular basis whenever that becomes possible again
• Deep knowledge and love of Black culture and history, specifically hip-hop.??Over 90% of their clients are hip-hop; you must eat, live, and breathe the culture
• Previous experience in PR or similar field
• Established media contacts
• Proven track record of securing placements in digital and print, with bonus points for TV bookings
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Experience working and/or knowledge of Latin Trap & Reggaeton artists
• Red-carpet placements and experience getting artists into high-profile events and parties.