NYC Metro Area Applicants Only Please
Competitive Compensation + Benefits
Position Title: Retail Director - NA
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: Vice President of Retail & CEO
Job Summary: As part of our client’s Retail team, the Retail Director is responsible for developing extraordinary Store Managers across North America, supervising all aspects of store operations, including but not limited to: managing performance of all boutique personnel, making sure all boutiques are operating efficiently and effectively and maximizing sales and profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Inspire the Retail team with a positive and entrepreneurial attitude and enthusiasm.
· Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry. Understand forthcoming customer initiatives and monitor what local competitors are doing; initiate changes to improve the business when needed.
· Manage the daily Retail operations. Plan and implement all Retail activities to maximize sales
· Achieve the company targets in areas of net sales, budget, cost, stock and personnel.
· Responsible for sales, business planning, product presentation, VM, stock control, sales service, POS operations, POS promotions/marketing, operational marketing, POS upkeep and team motivation.
· Development of individual and POS retail skills base- Develop team and manage employee performance to ensure individual growth, employee engagement and career pathing for future leaders.
· Ensure all teams have clear measurable goals & objectives (KPI’s)
· Improve CRM
· Action yearly Manager performance reviews
· Compile competitor information upon request
· Implementation of travel plan in liaison with Managing Director Retail
· Adhoc duties defined by Managing Director/CEO/Director of Training
· Proactively recruit, interview and support Human Resources with hiring of employees.
· Lead payroll direction and identify opportunities to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage through effective scheduling and reporting.
· Work closely with Distribution, Buyers and Retail to oversee inventory processes and movements across all stores.
· Support the Merchandise Manager in the execution of Weekly/Monthly Retail News
· Work with Visual Merchandising Manager
· BA degree in business or a related degree or equivalent work experience & education.
· 5+ years of luxury retail experience managing multi-site stores, departments or units, P&L, inventory, operations and customer service.
· 5+ years of management experience leading at least a team of 6 or more, including training and coaching, with strong leadership and communication skills.
· Experience in a multi-unit environment, knowledge of retail or restaurant industry operations and financial reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong business acumen, MBA preferred
· Ability to organize, analyze and summarize complex information to make data driven decisions.