Our client is a well known makeup brand with global reach that is seeking a new Senior Key Account Manager to join their North America retail team in NYC and oversee the Ulta Beauty account!
About the job
We are looking for a passionate individual who is committed to working in a fast paced environment and contributing to the brands mission of offering cruelty-free, eco-chic cosmetics filled with vitamins and minerals.
Senior Manager, Key Accounts – Ulta Beauty
This role will report to the Executive Director of Retail Sales & Marketing and will be responsible for all needs related to Ulta Beauty and Ulta Beauty at Target businesses.
- Own relationship with retailer partners at Ulta Beauty and Ulta Beauty at Target to proactively develop 360-degree programs that promote sell-through of new launches; continuous partnership across internal and external cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with executive director and KAM team on retailer business development strategy
- Liaise directly with account partners and trade marketing team to execute all day-to-day marketing activities related to in store and online businesses
- Develop and manage the customer partnership through strong relationship and communication, status and strategy meetings, & day to day execution
- Identify business opportunities through long term strategic planning, continuous feedback and results reporting back to teams
- Oversee execution and manage deadlines and due dates of retailer assets, promotions, merchandising, and promotional calendar for timely delivery to key accounts
- Represent and advocate retailer needs with internal cross-functional partners in marketing, social media, planning, product development and education
- Drive sell-in of new launches, track timing of stock and analyze business performance by account on a weekly basis proposing recommendations to drive retail sales
- Manage seasonal retail product assortments and updates for core, limited life and digital. Manage assortment file and tracker.
- Manage retailer merchandising updates, timelines and deadlines. Analyze sales for merchandising changes/update recommendations, partner with visual merchandising on seasonal updates and manage merch reference file. Communicate changes for internal/external assortment updates.
- Manage execution of digital marketing programs with retailer and track ROI
- Manage and maintain internal seasonal side by side trackers and calendars for activations, promotions, exposures in store and online
- Measure/manage/report ROI for instore/online marketing opportunities
- Partner with planning, marketing and operations team on product forecasting, allocation & stock issues
- Manage one direct report, defining work goals and personal development plan as well as providing ongoing feedback
- 6-8 years of experience in sales/trade marketing role with a beauty brand, color experience preferred
- Experience managing brand relationship with Ulta Beauty required
- BA/BS required or equivalent related work experience
- In-depth knowledge of beauty industry and understanding of the open sell environment (knowledge of Sephora, Ulta etc is required)
- Experience managing employees
- Proficiency with forecasting, inventory management, sales analysis, budget management, merchandising, digital marketing and marketing activation
- Strong relationship building and management skills, and strong negotiation skills
- Strong collaborator who can work effectively with key internal and external cross-functional partners
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task, manage high volume of deadlines
- Self-motivated, self-directed, passionate, positive, can-do attitude
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment, passionate about cosmetics
- Travel required 25-30% (as needed for retailer meetings and events)
Medical, dental, vision, 401k plan & access to health and wellness programs
Paid vacation, holidays, summer Fridays, birthdays off, volunteer time & more!
Hybrid work policy
Gratis, employee discount on tarte.com, team give-back initiatives
Friendly, fun, creative & collaborative work environment